• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've no great objection to Pietersen batting three in ODIs but right now he himself wants Shah there and until he doesn't that's what will happen.

So right now, Shah will bat three in ODIs, we know this about as certainly as we know the radiator will come on when the thermostat reaches the allocated point.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh, and I imagine Prior will bat ahead of Flintoff if he plays.
Doubtful. Flintoff wants to be at six, Kp wants Flintoff happy, and additionally I think KP might actually want Flintoff at 6 anyway. Flintoff will bat 6. As I said a few months ago, I'd bet my balls on it (that's assuming he plays, mind you :p)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I cannot logically see how Tremlett deserved to be in the side at Headingly. No matter what way you look at it, the choice should have been between Hoggard and Harmison IMO both of whom had been taking wickets by the bucket during the season. I would have leant towards Hoggard because they wanted a horses-for-courses bowler and no one fit the bill better than Hoggard.
Let me clarify, the reason I said he should have played was because he was in the squad so they shouldn't have called in another bowler. Whether he should have been there ITFP is of course highly debatable.

pskov

International 12th Man
I've no great objection to Pietersen batting three in ODIs but right now he himself wants Shah there and until he doesn't that's what will happen.

So right now, Shah will bat three in ODIs, we know this about as certainly as we know the radiator will come on when the thermostat reaches the allocated point.
Well of course it isn't going to happen any time soon barring some spectacular disaster of a series by Shah, but that doesn't mean I don't want it to happen.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I really can't believe anyone is still intersted in these things. But, I'm sure I won't be able to resist. :D Mainly looking to see how Raina has come along, and hoping Badri gets some chance to prove his worth for the Test side.

It's odd, the more I get into cricket, the less I can bear watching limited overs :(.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
So far, as far as I can tell, India are scheduled to play only five Tests in the next twelve months.

Two against England, three against Pakistan (which may or may not happen) and two against New Zealand. :shock:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
So England bowl first, probably the best outcome, makes an India victory 90% certain rather than 99% certain. India to score 280+

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Russell Tiffin standing, oh no.

In other news, checking the start time before setting the alarm is highly recommendable.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not sure Sehwag's scored anything much in ODIs against England since 2002, but he's looked good so far today, those flicks off too-short deliveries to the leg boundary working well.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, oh dear, Rudra Pratap Singh is playing. Only just spotted that.

Yusuf Pathan too. Wonder if Raina and Rohit Sharma's time hasn't come now though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
7-0 to India
No-one has ever won a seven-match ODI series in a whitewash.

Funny, this Indian team still looks fairly weak, with only Yuvraj Singh and Dhoni established ODI players. Though clearly Rohit Sharma and Raina have considerable promise and Gambhir in that one series in Australia did far better than he'd ever done before, even though his next series was a poor one. Sehwag I still doubt will do much in ODIs long-term but he's done OK in his last 3 or 4 games too.

Yet I'd be surprised if they don't end-up dealing with England far better than the should-be strong (in batting if not in bowling) SAfricans did.

And on another note, Bopara's not a good third-man fielder at all.

First bowling change with Flintoff on.