• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

pup11

International Coach
Clarke's illness worries Australia.

Clarke's condition seems to be worse than what i thought at first, he may even miss out playing in the first test and that would be a really big blow to an already inexperienced Australian side, and even if he plays in the XI i doubt he would be a 100%.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Ponting is Mendis plus more! :p

He bowls leg spin, off spin and medium! What can this man not do?!? (Other than bat in India, of course.)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Opening partnership is huge. If Australia can have both your openers in when the spinners come on, it's a huge advantage. I think Hayden's prowess against spin is sometimes overstated - it's much easier to play spin when you have already faced 50 balls.
Really good point actually. Never thought of that at all. MS Dhoni opened with Harbs against SA not long ago though, so we'll see.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, was (jokingly) saying this to Pasag the other day, should just play a team of Pontings,can obviously bat, and I'd back him to take a few wickets in 5 days. Got Vaughan out once y'know.

brockley

International Captain
It is a worry with our bowling if ponting is pulling out his off spinners,mediums maybe but not his offies please.
Anyone remember katich 12 wkts at 33,7 wkts vs jamaica,best figures 7/104.

rooey123

Banned
aus team options in india

hello everyone this is my first post on this website. so here it goes

the aussies have a few lineup options, let me go and explain a few.

option #1

hayden
katich
ponting
clarke
hussey
watson
haddin
lee
johnson
clark
bollinger

in a recent article on cricinfo stuart clark says something about a bit of green on the bangalore wicket for the first test. so i think this would be the best option for the first test with katich and pup providing the part time spinning options. no point going with krezja for obvious reasons and may as well go with bollinger cause he can take wickets. with watson also an option for support. i think this line up should be played if the pitch is not relatively likely to be a huge spin friendly track and could get by, dare i say, without a spinner but relying solely on part time spinners.

option 2

hayden
jacques
ponting
clarke
hussey
katich
haddin
cameron white
lee
johnson/bollinger - depending on who is more affective in the first test
clark

this lineup could be handy if the tracks are really spin friendly. if we have jacques as opener he and hayden should try and see off the new ball and atleast get to the spinners. and have katich come in at 6 to face the spinners instead of facing the new ball cause he shuffles too much and i fear the quicks can get him early on. plus the long batting lineup can essentially do two things.

1.) if australia win the toss. they can, with their long batting line up put up a huge first innings score then the indians would already have pressure on them to post something in reply. regardless of australia not having a quality spinner. then in that way have 3 pacers with cam white as the spinner along with katto and pup once again. i know cam white is not the best spinner but krezja is no better and atleast white can provide his batting and fielding. same goes if india wins the toss and gets a huge score first up. the aussies can be confident that they can reply with the extra batting depth.

2.) if the indian spinners get on top of the aussies early on they can atleast be rest assured of their batting depth and post more of a decent score then say without the extra batsman. they will have to dig in though. let me show you an example- say there is a similar situation occured as the practice game vs the BPXI. australia are struglling at 200 for 4 and lose their no. 6 katich making them 200-5 with one of the top 5 batsman still in with only haddin and white to come. they could then choose to grind down and really dig in with the 3 recognized batsman left like what hussey did with stuart clark in the practice game but except with that extra batsman, in this case cam white could come in hit a few boundries here and there and rotate the strike and not expose the tail too soon. and try to get to around 340-50 all out digging deep with the tail form the position of 200-5.

option 3 after alteast 2 games and if australia happen to be trailing 2-0 and the two lineups mentioned above fail to take all 20 indians wickets.

hayden
katich/jaques - preferbably katich since he can bowl too but if his form with the bat or ball isnt good then definately jaques
ponting
clarke
hussey
watson
haddin
white
lee
johnson/bollinger - once again depending on who does better
clark

this third desperate option for the aussies would be 2 go with two allrounders in watson and white providing batting and bowling of somesort. once again this lineup should only be tried if australia are trailing 2-0 and have trouble taking all 20 wickets.

option 4
- this last option should be tried for a defensive team.

hayden
jacques
ponting
clarke
hussey
katich
watson
haddin
white
lee
clarke

this option should be tried if the aussie batsman are having a terrible time against the indian spinners and either 2-0 down in the series having lost both tests badly. or if they are 3-0 and need that consolation win. this lineup should only be the "in times of desperation lineup" and also if their bowlers are not strugling to take 20 indian wickets but their batsman are not helping by consistently getting out for below the indian totals.

phew! i know i said a lot and hope it made sense. i would pick the first option i presented as the main team for the first test and if they happen to win the first test continue on with the same line up but if they lose it go for option 2 and take it from there.

this is a sad time for aussie cricket in transition but its absolutley neccesary to play more defensively we are to win. like everyone im really looking forward to this series and may the best team win!
thankyou

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd just go 4-man pace attack with Katich at 6, Jacques opening. I'd love to see Watson play, but deep down i think he just isn't the right choice, as much as it pains me to admit it.

biased indian

International Coach
Forecast for next few days in bangalore

PARTLY CLOUDY SKY WITH POSSIBILITY OF RAIN OR THUNDERSTORM

the above forecast should help aussie more i think

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I generally don't like Bangalore pitches, but I'd rather lose than have a rain affected draw. This series is usually too good for that type of thing to happen.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I have read somewhere that the pitch has a slight greenish covering to it and due to the overcast conditions and rain for the previous few days the pitch has bit of moisture and dampness in it.
Oh God....

India have not won here since 1995.

Last edited: