• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

stumpski

International Captain
All over ... with Patel grabbing a 'Michelle.' He won't mind that they all came from the bottom of the order. Did I hear right, England could move above South Africa if they whitewash them?

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
All over ... with Patel grabbing a 'Michelle.' He won't mind that they all came from the bottom of the order. Did I hear right, England could move above South Africa if they whitewash them?
Well ive heard a 5-0 win puts England into 2nd place. Which is a joke but i'll take it :) But by the sounds of the weather id be surprised if Sundays game isnt a washout. So we'll have to settle for 4-0 ;)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricinfo mentioning Patel getting another wicket with the arm ball - I take it he actually does have an arm ball and they're not making it up?

Oh and I'm even more for Patel replacing Panesar on all non-bunsens in Test cricket.

pup11

International Coach
There couldn't have been a more embarassing way for South Africa to loose this series and game.:ph34r:

pup11

International Coach
Cricinfo mentioning Patel getting another wicket with the arm ball - I take it he actually does have an arm ball and they're not making it up?

Oh and I'm even more for Patel replacing Panesar on all non-bunsens in Test cricket.
Oh, i won't be suprised one bit if Patel replaces Panesar in test cricket.:ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Played England. Couldn't stomach the thought of losing both the Tests & ODIs, and with a series won, rather than just a one-off game, I think we can seriously start considering ourselves a good side. For the first time in a long time I believe us to have a better ODI side than Tests.

Oh, and really it goes without saying, but - Freddie :wub:

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Some credit should go to Bell too. I thought his innings was extremely good and just what we needed up front. Not often you see an opening partnership ton up either.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
All over, 5 for Patel:laugh: What has happened to South African ODI cricket?
Most of it plays for Northants nowadays I'm afraid.

Fair play to Sammy tho. He's going to be a very useful player for England. Already seems to have more variation than Monty, if not the huge turn. Given he's essentially a batting all-rounder (at best) his SLA looks pretty decent to my inexpert eye. Mainly bowls quite flat, but had the genitals to toss one up when one of the Morkels had smacked him for a couple of boundaries and got his reward.

Has an overly affectionate realtionship with the pies tho, which might be a worry in warmer climes.