• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jesus. Just clicked onto cricinfo & nearly feel off my chair. :-O

Good bowling or is Trent Bridge a bit sporty today? Our start looks fairly solid tho, especially in context of the SA score & our openers.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You know I'd have laid good odds on you not posting that today if I knew what was going to happen (to date).
Nah, I'm delighted, honestly, just a shame that I'll miss out as the next two I believe are day games

Though is one on Friday, I am having a day off?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Right, I''m gonna be home in about 45 minutes, will the game still be in course do you think folks?

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right, I''m gonna be home in about 45 minutes, will the game still be in course do you think folks?
You'll get home for the last rites, I imagine. Unless Bell starts taking some more strike.

Prior seems keen to finish things before you get home.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
SA hardly played and missed, Bell and Prior have done so several times already. Almost never see occasions where the nicks come almost every time for one team and not at all for the others.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, two catches off free-hits, how unusual.

SA can be damn grateful Morne has missed these opening games, he'll give away so many runs from free-hits it's untrue. Steyn gives away enough himself.

stumpski

International Captain
If the match is still in progress, there'll be an interval at 6.00 regardless of how many are needed. Would expect England to make 34 before then though.

Resident Saffies a bit quiet today I take it?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Resident SAffies?

There's only 1 SAfrican who ever posts much, and that not often every day.

Unless you count me and TT_Boy as SAffies that is.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
UIMM, Hingeh is indeed the only actual SAfrican who actually is a SAfrica fan of CWers who posts very often. Joanna AKA jot1 used to post a bit but has disappeared of late. There's Nicole (Protean) as well who's been around a little while now but hasn't posted all that much this thread and a few others who hardly ever post at any time.

As I say though, myself and TT_Boy support SA as well, as IIRR does Kev Goughy as a secondary team. But secondary after England.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't say I was expecting this, even when they were 40/5 or whatever I thought they would get to at least 130. Bit gutted in a way, have some time alone tonight where I planned on spending a lot of time viewing :(
Ditto. I'm bed-bound due to my rogue tonsils and now i have nothing to watch all evening :(

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Very weird game. Broad finally showing the potential that i was sure he had. You have to ask why he tends to bowl differently in Tests though. It cant just be a stamina thing, he visibly bowls shorter in Tests and tries to be a sterotypical 'fast' bowler, where in ODI's he seems content to just put the ball on a good line/lenght and is much more effective.