• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Smart thinking from Prior, even if he did take his time about it.

Our superior spin dept proving the difference. :ph34r:
LOL, what a difference they have made though. Smart captaincy from Pietersen tonight, I'm impressed. Stars with the bat, stars with the ball, stars with the armband? Best Cricketer ever? Yes, IMO.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Two days ago Harmison was retired, here is taking wicket.

This ODI and the Test the other week - he's looked a lot happier playing than I've seen him in a good while

edit - Am I the only person watching? These tour threads don't half trail off when the Tests end :(

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Lol, GIMH here reminding me of football threads occasionally when United are playing.

Harmison bowling very well indeed it must be said.

stumpski

International Captain
Got it on too - but my mum phoned, and I had other stuff to do. :ph34r:

There goes Botha, that should be it you'd think.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Painful stuff to watch.. Philander shouldn't be anywhere near the side to be honest, but I'm struggling to think of cricketers who could replace him.. Think I'll put the MP3 player on instead of TMS :(

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, we beat NZ comfortably in the first game of that series. But at the same time, credit where credit is due. We haven't started either innings well but for the last 25 overs of each have been very good.

stumpski

International Captain
Flintoff picked up two late ones to finish it - a fairly comfortable win in the end, by 20 runs. KP an obvious Man of the Match I'd say. Runs, wickets, a run-out and some timely bowling changes.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Good game and good win.

Won it at a canter in the end with a guy like Wright not needed to contribute.

Hard to say what it all means. Englands 2 best players performed with the bat and the 2 parttime spinners did a great job.

Will be interesting if the parttimers are attacked or if the responsiblity for scoring the runs falls on the less high profile players.

Anyway, nice win and good performance.