• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Mike, Essendon are ****. It never mattered whether you were playing Adelaide in Melbourne or not.
We did play quite ****...

****ing Dempsey injured again. How can he be so ****ing injury prone? bloody frustrating.

We won't win another game this year with the injuries we have now. WTF is Magin playing for? Even i have bigger arms than that kid.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You've probably got an All-Australian ruckmen in your team, but couldn't win a single clearance. When Peverill is your best midfielder there's an issue.

And Nick Gill kicked 5, and absolutely dominated. Nick ****in Gill.

mikeW

You've probably got an All-Australian ruckmen in your team, but couldn't win a single clearance. When Peverill is your best midfielder there's an issue.

And Nick Gill kicked 5, and absolutely dominated. Nick ****in Gill.
Peveril is not our best midfielder...

Gill is **** but Adelaide really don't have any other forward options atm so he was always going to get the ball directed to him. These games really mean **** all now, subconsciously the guys know our season is over. We haven't played anywhere near the standard we were a month ago. I guess once we get to pre-season, hopefully we can address this ****load amount of injuries we have and fix the problem. Then with anything like a decent injury run we can gie the finals a crack.

BTW Jono your in no position to be dishing out **** after Richmond's insipid showing last week.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Obviously, but I didn't come in here claiming that there was no chance Adelaide would beat us did I?

And atm, as the commentators were saying, Peverill has been your best midfielder over the last 3-4 weeks. That's actually not good for the Essendon Football Club, no matter how good he's playing. You want Stanton, Watson, Lonergan, Lovett etc. to be standing up about now.

mikeW

Obviously, but I didn't come in here claiming that there was no chance Adelaide would beat us did I?

And atm, as the commentators were saying, Peverill has been your best midfielder over the last 3-4 weeks. That's actually not good for the Essendon Football Club, no matter how good he's playing. You want Stanton, Watson, Lonergan, Lovett etc. to be standing up about now.
And you actually pay attention to what Shaw and the like have to say? He is a disgrace. Watson, Stanton and Lonergan have all had good years and Peveril won't be at the club next year. We are on the right track annd will be successful in years to come.

cameeel

International Captain
Port Adelaide vs. Collingwood
Essendon vs. Adelaide
Melbourne vs. West Coast
Brisbane vs. Western Bulldogs
Sydney vs. Geelong
Richmond vs. Hawthorn
Carlton vs. North Melbourne
Fremantle vs. St. Kilda

BL v WB a hard one to tip, the Dogs have been pretty crap the last couple of games, and Brisbane need to win to stay in touch
Damn it, should have listened to myself

pasag

RTDAS
The Brisbane win wasn't great for us. Bloody Dogs. Caught a bit of the Geelong game, Sydney never stood a chance. Compared to all the dominant sides in the recent past, Essendon, Brisbane, WC they don't really have as much flair or brilliance for lack of a better word but they're just so complete and efficient.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I actually don't think Gill is that bad. He's lacking in skills but he's a good mark and works hard. Not the first game he's had a big impact in because of that, he dominated someone last year, Brisbane I think. His kicking has improved a lot too, which is something. He's a better option than anyone else we have up forward at the moment anyway.

howardj

International Coach
What a great win by the Lions last night- full of character!

Hopefully we only need to roll Carlton to make the playoffs.

pasag

RTDAS
Lack of height really costing us atm, should have made the most of a couple of opportunities in the first quarter as well when we were owning North. Defence also falling to pieces after doing so well in the first. Cloke's mark was awesome, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.