• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Okay, I did suggest Kp coming on, but I think we can say it was a ****ing awful decision....

gio

U19 Cricketer
Oh god, 66 needed now. I don't like to be harsh, but England have been really poor in spirit more than anything else since tea. Disappointed.

grecian

Oh god, 66 needed now. I don't like to be harsh, but England have been really poor in spirit more than anything else since tea. Disappointed.
Yeah, no fizz whatsoever it's been bizarre.

When I suggested KP being put on I didn't think it would be for our biggest wicket threat and most economical bowler, either....

duffer

Loving this South Africa team, they've got so much fight in them. Apart from Pietersen and Flintoff there's no inspiration in the England side.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
England just run out of steam. Flintoff / Sidebottom really dont look 100% fit. Jones in for Sidey for 3rd Test :ph34r:

stumpski

International Captain
Re: the worsening light, can the umpires just take them off without offering it? Because I can't imagine that Smith and Boucher would take it if it were offered.

grecian

Re: the worsening light, can the umpires just take them off without offering it? Because I can't imagine that Smith and Boucher would take it if it were offered.
Well they could, if they deemed it dangerous for the fielding side.

Scaly piscine

So anyone want to try and justify why nonfactor Panesar should keep his automatic place in the side?

And yes the umpires can just take the sides off, if they feel it is unfit to play in.

gio

U19 Cricketer
Bar the Flintoff yorker/sight issue, England haven't looked like taking wickets. It's worrying for England. Batsman continually fail, and the bowlers seem frighteningly easy to play. This is very deflating to watch.

duffer

Has to be the best Graeme Smith knock I've seen all things considered. Quality stuff.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think my opinion of Smith is a matter of CW record, but hats off here. Has been a genuinely great innings; worthy of that hoary old cliche "a captain's knock". The bastard.

England & her broken seamers, eh? Has to be some kind of failure of the fitness staff, surely? I refuse to believe every seam-up bowler in the country is just inherently injury prone. Fred & Sid look buggered here. The latter's participation at The Oval must be in serious doubt because he's moving as stiffly as Gordon Brown at a public engagement.

gio

U19 Cricketer
Hats off to Smith, it seems SA are in the place we were in 04/05. Terribly hard to beat, and very very determined.

What do we think for The Oval? Try a couple of new players? Keep with the tried and tested?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
****ing hate Smith scoring runs against England. Hurts alot less when you're at your mate's and have benn drinkling for 4 hours, though. SACK MOORES!!!!!!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hats off to Smith, it seems SA are in the place we were in 04/05. Terribly hard to beat, and very very determined.

What do we think for The Oval? Try a couple of new players? Keep with the tried and tested?
Has to the former. Sid seems to be feeling his back, Ambrose looks short of the requisite quality in both disciplines and captaincy is the only thing keeping MPV in the team.

Jones (S) for Sid, Foster for Ambrose & Key for Vaughan; Strauss to captain.