• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FFS, what's the point of bowling short deliveries at MSP?

Just pitch it on the stumps and job's a good-'un.

Marius

International Debutant
Just following the cricket on Cricinfo, not on TV, so are England batting rubbish, are South Africa bowling well, or a bit of both?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
As long term forum members will know, there are 2 things I hold of high value in International cricket.

They are a) You cant have too much batting (England doing similar to what I heavily criticised India for doing against SA this winter)
and
b) There must be a loose structure for selection that has some basis on merit and long term performance.

This England team has just ****ed it all into the wind and deserves everything it gets.

Clueless. There needs to be resignations as this composition is a joke.

After years of hoping the situation improves they go and take it to new heights of incompetence. Im sick

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just following the cricket on Cricinfo, not on TV, so are England batting rubbish, are South Africa bowling well, or a bit of both?
South Africa bowled well enough at the top-order (were obviously lucky with the Cook wicket but then should have had Pietersen early) and the six-downwards from England has predictably been atrocious.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As long term forum members will know, there are 2 things I hold of high value in International cricket.

They are a) You cant have too much batting (England doing similar to what I heavily criticised India for doing against SA this winter)
and
b) There must be a loose structure for selection that has some basis on merit and long term performance.

This England team has just ****ed it all into the wind and deserves everything it gets.

Clueless. There needs to be resignations as this composition is a joke.

After years of hoping the situation improves they go and take it to new heights of incompetence. Im sick
Think the fact that it has barely changed in all these years suggests that, sadly, all the resignations you'll get won't alter much.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
SA, methinks. I'm a glory-seeker. 8-)

Seriously, whoever I'm supporting, seeing tailenders at the crease bores the life out of me. I want to see bowlers bowling at batsmen.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
So Collingwood was banned for that farcical Elliott run out against New Zealand? I don't see the difference really.. Gamesmanship of the worst order on both counts..
Then I'll explain.

1. The Elliott run-out wasn't against the rules. Arguably against the spirit, but legal all the same. One-hand-one bounce, otoh, is not within the laws.

2. Collingwood made no pretence of what he was doing, whereas AB was completely two-faced about it.

In football terms, you're comparing someone playing insetad of kicking the ball out for an injured player to a player diving to get a penalty.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, Morne benefits from bowling a no-ball. Always annoys me, thaaaaat. At least MSP is gone.

C'mon Dale-eo, get this last wicket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I really wish I was posting during the second and third days of the First Test, y'know. I wonder what consensus was there.