• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ishant Sharma...overcoached?!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Given the travails of recent Indian pacemen (Balaji, Nehra, Agarkar, et.al), we'll have to wait to see whether he comes back at all.
My opinion, but I reckon he looks a step above those others. Unlike all of those he has some decent performances in Tests, not just ODI's and against a top-notch batting line-up in their backyard. Injury-prone, though, so that's a worry. But yeah, my overall impression is of a decent enough bowler if he can stay on the park.

You people make the ordinary bowlers a super star over a night. What if you ever got a bowler like Imran Khan, Waseem Akram, Waqar Younas or Shoaib Akhter? You would definitely make him your God and start his worship. I just wonder why are we wasting time on a pretty ordinary bowler who did a little good on supporting wickets of Australia in just one series. After that series what has been hisperformance? I have seen many bowlers like himcoming and going out of Indian side in my life. I would just wonder if he stay with the Indian team till the end of 2009.

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
You people make the ordinary bowlers a super star over a night. What if you ever got a bowler like Imran Khan, Waseem Akram, Waqar Younas or Shoaib Akhter? You would definitely make him your God and start his worship. I just wonder why are we wasting time on a pretty ordinary bowler who did a little good on supporting wickets of Australia in just one series. After that series what has been hisperformance? I have seen many bowlers like himcoming and going out of Indian side in my life. I would just wonder if he stay with the Indian team till the end of 2009.
ordinary bowler hahahah,atleast better than your young bowlers who are on drugs.

and who are waseem,akhter never heard of those guys,

r.p singh has done well in england,australia,t20 world cup and for a youngster he has been impressive even on flat tracks in the asia cup .

Last edited:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey guys read his above statement.This proves that he knows nothing about cricket.

MY son, waseem is goal keeper of Manchester United FC, and Shoaib Akhter is Central midfielder of Liverpool FC.

Guys don't waste your time on his posts. Let him write something and then reply on hisown posts.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
He seems to be a previous banned member with a new id or another desperate Indian.

Hey guys read his above statement.This proves that he knows nothing about cricket.

MY son, waseem is goal keeper of Manchester United FC, and Shoaib Akhter is Central midfielder of Liverpool FC.

Guys don't waste your time on his posts. Let him write something and then reply on hisown posts.

He seems to be a previous banned member with a new id or another desperate Indian.

FRAZ

International Captain
One from heaven and one from Pakistan .
One went up to fetch a pale of water and the other .............

FRAZ

International Captain
I remember my past too when I used to answer every single mouth ............ But what happened next ! All those people due to whom I got laid off got burnt and severely and I am standing without the help of any recreated account and with my own name as my user name .....
Nip the evil in the bud (I gotta say ) !!!!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Really hope this ban is a lengthy one.

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer

:

hahaa improve your spellings their is no waseem akram or shoaib akhter,:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
You do not get it do you,
espn star-measures the speed when the ball hits the ground ,
nine-measures the speed from the hand so its the real speed and is quicker
Actually, your ideal speed gun measures the area in between those two points.

http://www.gizmag.com/the-cricket-ball-that-measures-its-own-speed/9198/

channel nine-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ucvus4uiKE
espn-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=invesDWAgPw

this difference is only of praveen kumar,if you do not believe it now
you are blind.
Yes, I now believe it. Now I wish I only studied physics for long enough to know how much speed a ball loses when bouncing.

There is nothing as T20 yorkers,he bowls good yorkers::blink:
...which is what I said before.

R.p Singh is no rabbit with the bat
Actually, he is. He averages 6.5, FFS. That's well into 'rabbit' territory.

atleast you should not be saying so remember
how his patnership in perth with vvs laxman turned the match and he was saying to laxman that he is comfortable facing tait and laxman should face lee.:laugh:
I've never rated Shaun Tait...he was utterly dire throughout. Fair play, though; that partnership (and innings) was annoying, even though the match had pretty much slipped away by that point, due to poor captaincy and batting, in the face of some decent bowling.

man,playing with 5 bowlers would have meant rotating the bowlers so that they do not get tired so they do not have to bowl long spells that the point in playing 5 bowlers
Indeed, RP Singh's presence would have lessened the workload of the five who did end up bowling. However, Sehwag actually looked threatening with the ball at times, hard though it is to believe. It was also more of a spinner's track than a paceman's track. I still think that RP Singh's figures were aided somewhat by his absence.

clark bowls well only when ball seams and pety and melbourne did seam a bit
Melbourne was difficult for the batsmen because of oft-low bounce, some reverse swing and a wet outfield - there wasn't that much seam.

This is a generalisation, anyway, given his good performance in Adelaide 2006/07, where no-one else in the Australian bowling line-up did anything until the second innings.

It is, however, true that he tends to be less effective on 'roads' than he is everywhere else, though. It doesn't mean that he doesn't bowl well on them, in particular. It just means that he takes less wickets.

he is ineffective on flat tracks as he simply does not have a yorker or pace to trouble the batsman
He has a pretty good yorker. Not great, but good.

I reckon his lack of variety (i.e - slower balls) and relative inability to generate reverse swing in comparison to Brett Lee and Mitch Johnson are greater problems than his pace. McGrath, too, lacked pace, but still did very well on subcontinental pitches, due to having a greater repetoire of deliveries than Clark. He also has greater control and can generate more reverse swing, too.

he is a experienced bowler and rp singh is learning so you cannot expect a younster to
match a experienced guy.
While I wouldn't expect it too often, it is possible for a relative youngster to outperform an 'experienced' guy, particularly if the difference in ability between the two is substantial. It may also happen if the 'experienced' guy is out of form, or if the youngster is running hot. It also depends on how much hype is around the youngster. There's quite a lot around RP Singh, in proportion to his mediocre Test record, in particular.

In the end, though, Clark out-performed RP Singh. By your standards, if Clark acted as cannon fodder, then so did RP Singh.

also it was rp singh first tour to australia.in england
he bowled well and build up pressure also.
Yeah, OK. I can only judge him on how he bowled, though. The fact that it was his first tour doesn't mean a whole lot by itself (the fact that he was young may, though). It is not uncommon for debutants, or greenhorns, to have spectacular tours (like Bob Massie in England 1972).

your analysis shows the good deliveries were mainly to tailenders,the fact is he was
no threat to indian toporder he just kept bowling wide out side the off stump.
He was a threat to Rahul Dravid and also caused Sourav Ganguly some issues later on. So that's not entirely true. Again, the fact that he got tailender wickets doesn't, by itself, indicate how well he bowled in general (although I'd prefer top-order wickets over tailenders, obviously).

unless he starts to swing the ball which i doubt he ever will he will
a odi bowler
Agree, but isn't that drifting off-topic?

wait for the champions trophy in pakistan if you say australian picthes are flat,pitches in sub continent
are mother of flatbeds in the world
It makes watching any Ind.vs.PAK series an utter chore, but flat decks matter less in ODI's than they do in Tests, as more swing can be coerced from the white ball than the red ball. The game also doesn't last long enough for the pitch conditions to take a serious toll on bowlers.

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
but it does not mean he can't improve his spellings8-)
What does that mean ? What exactly do you wanna start with me ? Read the forum rules first and then taunt or whatever .
This place is far far different than those ******** smiley contest **** places or those military comparison pages or that ugly , good looking stupid **** . Chose another 14 year old who is ready for that kind of **** !!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Man you just are saying the same thing in a different way,by expereince i meant when he bowls more overs in international cricket and whats the fuss
The fuss is that bowling in international cricket won't give you anywhere near enough bowling to get better.

You need far, far, far more bowling than 30-odd overs every couple of weeks, which is what you'll get from standard modus operandi playing Test cricket.