• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well so far in First-Class cricket (ie, this season) he has indeed done more than Broad ever has yet.

Century for Pietersen, excellent, excellent knock. :thumbup1:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Half-century for Ambrose, well played. After 0 and 3 in his 2 previous knocks this series, much-needed.
Yeah, he's really, really impressed me since making his debut. I thought England might lose a bit in the batting department when Prior was dropped, but not only is Ambrose a far, far better wicket keeper than him - he has the potential to be a better batsman as well. His technique is amazingly similar to Prior's, and he even has the same love for playing square of the wicket on the off side. He seems to have a better temperament though and he covers any movement away from off stump with his footwork a bit better than Prior does too.

His keeping is obviously a class above the Joneses and Priors of the world, but I think he can push a 40 average with the bat across his career as well.

I'm a big fan.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, he's really, really impressed me since making his debut. I thought England might lose a bit in the batting department when Prior was dropped, but not only is Ambrose a far, far better wicket keeper than him, but he has the potential to be a better batsman as well. His technique is amazingly similar to Prior's, and he even has the same love for playing square of the wicket on the off side. He seems to have a better temperament though and he covers any movement away from off stump with his footwork a bit better than Prior does too.

His keeping is obviously a class above the Joneses and Priors of the world, but I think he can push a 40 average with the bat across his career as well.

I'm a big fan.
I've thought pretty much exactly that since the first time I saw Ambrose, having seen Prior for the first time earlier that year.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well, this is some turnaround. This is why we all lvoe cricket isn't it, the way one partnership can make such a difference.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
KP taking his average back above 50, what a guy, tbh I named my five-year old after his wife

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, this is some turnaround. This is why we all lvoe cricket isn't it, the way one partnership can make such a difference.
Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. Another spell like the post-Lunch one could change things very quickly again.

We still need a good few more to be in the driving-seat IMO. At least another 100.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And back at the Test, after Ambrose almost falls into the trap, NZ take the new-ball straight away it's available. Crucial last 10 overs.

Isn't it nice to get a full day's play in on the opening day of a Test? First time we've seen that this season.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
:laugh:

TBH for a minute there I thought you were suggesting that you were gonna call your kid Neil Pickup

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I honestly don't think Collingwood's bowling has ever played any part in his selection for Tests. He's far from the only one with a poor First-Class record to be picked for Tests.
And back at the Test, after Ambrose almost falls into the trap, NZ take the new-ball straight away it's available. Crucial last 10 overs.

Isn't it nice to get a full day's play in on the opening day of a Test? First time we've seen that this season.
Yeah bet the weekend gets rained off :@

Mind you, wouldn't have had a full day up here, been lashing down the last hour

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh:

TBH for a minute there I thought you were suggesting that you were gonna call your kid Neil Pickup
Pickup's a difficult middle-name to give TBH. But yeah, I do like the idea of naming my firstborn son after DG Cork. And so does Joanne evidently, despite the fact she barely even tries to like cricket.

So whenever we're married and she's avec-child, it'll be Dominic Gerald Dickinson