• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice take by Hopkins. Looks a decent back-up keeper at least.

But I'm not expecting many runs from him.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually Hopkins looks like he's struggling a bit with Vettori. Seems to make big late moves to get to the ball instead of having his hands in the right place waiting for it to come to him.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mystifying as to how these 'experts' keep saying that 84-2 is even. A batting side would nearly always take 84-2 at lunch, that's before you consider that England were put in and the general advantage of batting first in Tests.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Currently no evidence at all that batting first will be an advantage. We'll only see as the match progresses.

Stapel

International Regular
From various resources, I'm told to expect relatively few runs at Trent Bridge this test. This season's first innings high-score appears to be 279, whereas the average is 197. From that perspective, 84/2 at lunch is a decent score from the view of the batting side.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not seen any play yet. In recent years though, Trent Bridge has turned which suggests bowling fourth ain't a bad thing

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
From various resources, I'm told to expect relatively few runs at Trent Bridge this test. This season's first innings high-score appears to be 279, whereas the average is 197. From that perspective, 84/2 at lunch is a decent score from the view of the batting side.
I'd imagine most of the pitches in domestic cricket so far this year have helped seamers more than this one has so far.

Also, neither of these sides has Darren Pattinson.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not seen any play yet. In recent years though, Trent Bridge has turned which suggests bowling fourth ain't a bad thing
In 2 out of the last 4 years, in fact.

Vettori did turn a couple in his 2 overs, so it'll be interesting to see how that pans-out.

It's oscillated, in fact - turned in 2004, didn't in 2005, turned in 2006, didn't in 2007. Maybe we're due another?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Now that is a big wicket!!

Strauss gone. Bell, Collingwood and Ambrose to fall cheaply before Broad pisses us off while Pietersen scores at the other end.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like another pisspoor shot, if TMS are to be believed. :@
Let's just throw them all away boys.

And now we're into the tail.