• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

pasag

RTDAS
Just got home now and was genuinely surprised at the score. Well done England and Strauss, hope he goes from strength to strength.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This could be perfect for KP getting some form with a 50-odd and a not out to his name.
I'd not bet on it the way he's playing TBH, seems a little too keen to attack Vettori, but if a fair wind blows his way.

More keen on Strauss getting the n\o ITBT. It'd be excellent if KPP could manage it too.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yay, there we go - century for Strauss.

His first chanceless one against a decent bowling-attack since 2005.

PY

International Coach
Very nicely done, rekindled his Test career well and truly.

EDIT: How bizarre that KP and Strauss have similar career runs, Strauss seems like he's been around for waay longer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well played Strauss, in terms of importance you'd have to say this has been one of his finest knocks.
I'd honestly put this as his best Test innings. And all the more astonishing, as I said earlier, given pretty much everyone thought him gone so recently.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Always nice to see a good bloke do well. It'd be fitting if he could see us over the line now.

Yeesh, bit agricultural from KP there, but got enough of it to get it over the cow-corner boundary. Nice to see the positive intent tho.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'd honestly put this as his best Test innings. And all the more astonishing, as I said earlier, given pretty much everyone thought him gone so recently.

On a personal level, it may well be his finest. But I still think his ton at the Oval in 2005 takes a heck of a lot of beating.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah, damn, Strauss gone. At least this should now be too late for a wobble.

Pietersen and Bell could both really do with the small n\o contributions.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ah, jizz. Surely even our middle order can cobble these runs together?

If Bell and/or Colly fails I hope we'll see fresh blood in the 3rd tho.

pasag

RTDAS
Ah, jizz. Surely even our middle order can cobble these runs together?

If Bell and/or Colly fails I hope we'll see fresh blood in the 3rd tho.
Yeah, really want to see Shah there already. Doubt the selectors will make any changes, especially since it's a winning side, unfortunately.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, really want to see Shah there already. Doubt the selectors will make any changes, especially since it's a winning side, unfortunately.
Nah, even Broad might survive the chop presuming we knock-off these remaining 58.

If we'd lost, had Bell and Collingwood fared poorly, I wouldn't have ruled-out three (very outside chance of even four - Anderson being the other) for the next game, which truly would've been panic measures.

Bloody hell this wind is strong, but Pietersen's leg-side play is possibly even stronger.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, even Broad might survive the chop presuming we knock-off these remaining 58.

If we'd lost, had Bell and Collingwood fared poorly, I wouldn't have ruled-out three (very outside chance of even four - Anderson being the other) for the next game, which truly would've been panic measures.

I reckon Broad will miss out if Flintoff has recovered from his side strain.