• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Right, that's the end of that. Not pleased at Anderson getting those last 2 wickets, but worse things have happened.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Great innings Ross, fantastic stuff.

Playing for your country doesn't lessen the ill feeling TBH. It's not a case of playing through the pain barrier - it's a case of the pain making you useless. Flynn would probably just miss everything if he tried to bat in the condition he appears to be in.
Hughly disappointing by Flynn, just go out and stand there. Can't be any worse than Martin with the bat in his current situation surely. Do it for the team Daniel!

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Honestly, how can you possibly be such a **** batsmen????

I think most of cricketweb would do a better job than martin...

Craig

World Traveller
That is that then, and it should be an interesting innings. I hate to see bowlers pick up a lot of wickets then they have bowled poorly, I know Anderson picked up 4 wickets but the runs he went at was not acceptable for mine. That to me is just accepting mediocrity.

Poor bowling shouldn't really be rewarded with a bag of wickets.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Right, that's the end of that. Not pleased at Anderson getting those last 2 wickets, but worse things have happened.
Oh, actually that's the last 3 wickets! FFS.

I mean, I know everyone knows he's bowled relatively poorly, but I cannot see him now being dropped for Trent Bridge.

Here we go.

Well, after we've got rid of some massive thing some idiot's thrown on. Well, after Patel's played his games that is.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Strauss off-the-mark, that's a start. Mills opens with a no-ball - been a problem of late has that.

slowfinger

International Debutant
That is that then, and it should be an interesting innings. I hate to see bowlers pick up a lot of wickets then they have bowled poorly, I know Anderson picked up 4 wickets but the runs he went at was not acceptable for mine. That to me is just accepting mediocrity.

Poor bowling shouldn't really be rewarded with a bag of wickets.
Depends who he is bowling to.

slowfinger

International Debutant
For example when he bowled Martin, do that to eg:Oram, and he will smash it. But it is only Martin so it is acceptable.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Streaky opening boundary to Cook there.

No swing in these first few overs either, which is vaguely heartening.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Difference is, he's playing for his country :p If he's going to come to the crease with O'Brien or Martin, I wouldn't bother, but if it's Taylor, he should just do it IMO.

Out of interest, what's the worst injury anyone has seen with a player coming back to the crease with? I remember Gavin Larsen batting with a broken arm in the domestic Shell Cup final in the early 1990's.
IIRC Rick McCosker came back with a broken jaw in the 1977 centenary test and played a pretty crucial innings given the eventual margin of victory. Regarding Cowdrey's broken arm, am I right in thinking he didn't actually have to face a ball though?

EDIT
And didn't Malcolm Marshall bat one-handed with a broken arm against England in 1984 or 1988?

Last edited: