• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jullahalleh, thank cricket for that. Shocking ball from Anderson to get gifted that wicket but we expect that. Cannot believe how so many people are saying he's not bowled poorly; even when he was making Oram look a bit uncomfortable (never looked like getting him out) with the short stuff he was leaking runs. Aside from that he's been woeful, as so often.

Jeys, we need to bat well now. Got it in us, obviously, but we've had it in us and failed to do so on so many occasions. And wee need these last 2 wickets ASAP too.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Surely Flynn has to bat here if Taylor stays in?
You ever been whacked in the mouth and needed dental surgery boss?

I'm sure he'd love to, but mouths are funny things, have the potential to make the rest of the body feel awful disproportionately.

Had two whacks in that area myself and have been happy not to bat for weeks, never mind days - and I'm about 10,000 notches below Flynn with the willow.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Went down to the pub to watch the post lunch session but Sky have switched over to the Play off final. It is quite clear that despite all the money they are throwing at the ECB they see test cricket (or at least this series) as a filler. :mad:

James

Cricket Web Owner
You ever been whacked in the mouth and needed dental surgery boss?

I'm sure he'd love to, but mouths are funny things, have the potential to make the rest of the body feel awful disproportionately.

Had two whacks in that area myself and have been happy not to bat for weeks, never mind days - and I'm about 10,000 notches below Flynn with the willow.
Difference is, he's playing for his country :p If he's going to come to the crease with O'Brien or Martin, I wouldn't bother, but if it's Taylor, he should just do it IMO.

Out of interest, what's the worst injury anyone has seen with a player coming back to the crease with? I remember Gavin Larsen batting with a broken arm in the domestic Shell Cup final in the early 1990's.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I think that Jimmy's main issue is one of a lack of focus. He generally bowls outside off stump, but I don't feel that he is set a 7-2 field (maybe he has, I don't know) - he also does not know what lengths he is bowling. He should look to pick a line of attack, short or full, and stick to it, with the 'other' length being one of variation. The benefits for him of focussing his lengths were clear in the ODI series against India. I don't think that it is a coincidence that he bowled well under Donald, it is because he had a mentor to tutor him as to what to do and when.