• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Maybe. I'd still prefer to see our best bowler on with 2 new batsmen at the crease though.
Dunno, I'm feeling Sidebottom might be fatigued, but that's probably just judging by my own appalling condition.

Lovely shot from Taylor. EDIT: make that 2 lovely shots.

chalky

International Debutant
Yup. tbh this has only been a continuation of his performance during the 2nd innings at Lord's, not to mention what's gone before. Our attack really is looking quite horrible nowadyas, isn't it.
I still think Hoggard's got a couple of good years left, if we could ever get Flintoff fit then
an attack of:

Flintoff, Sidebottom, Hoggard & Monty with Broad & Tremlett (another who needs to get fit) as back up would be pretty decent IMO.

Would give you us a bit of batting depth aswell with Flintoff at 7 & Ambrose at 8.

I suppose though we have basically been saying this for the last 2 years haven't we?

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Argh, Chalky and David, get yer quoting right! :mellow:

Agree completely with that previous post, though. Have been thinking it for a while. Maybe not 2 years, but nearly 1 now. End of last summer, methinks, when I started to be convinced of Sidebottom's worth.

There's the first six of the day.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gooooooooonnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! Terrific, terrific bowling from MSP. And fabulous catching.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Only just got home. Gutted to miss pretty much all of How's innings, and all of Redmonds.

Marshall did as expected.

And bloody hell, Taylor is looking fantastic in the few shots I've seen.

McCullum gone as I type :( get out of T20 mode ffs...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
O'Brien in the XI? Ugh. I'm with Heath on O'Brien - not completely ****e but not international class. Is Mason injured or something?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
O'Brien in the XI? Ugh. I'm with Heath on O'Brien - not completely ****e but not international class. Is Mason injured or something?
Southee is but Mason not. I'm seriously pissed-off with that mind. Mason might now end-up with an average of 14 for the season. :@

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I suppose though we have basically been saying this for the last 2 years though.
Yup. I suppose the absolute dream scenario now that he's playing again is Jones plus Flintoff, SB & Panesar. Probably more chance of the Beatles reforming, I suppose. Hoggard's an interesting one - me & Richard were discussing him the other day, in particular his average of 35 over the last 2 years compared to 25 in the 2 and a half years before that. My take on the matter is that he'll spare us Anderson's absolute direnes when out of sorts, but I don't see him taking many wickets against SA & Aus over the next yar or so.

Last edited by a moderator: