• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
LEE fired up! PUNJAB!!!!!!!!!!!!

commentary line of the year:

Commentator (Gavaskar?) - have you taken a liking to the punjabi food yet?
Simon Katich: Yeah the curry is quite good, unfortunately James Hopes has been laid low by it.
Gavaskar: Well at least he's getting runs some way or another.

ret

International Debutant
It's MI who join Chargers at the bottom .... this loss is going to hurt MI's NRR too

Ronchi keeps getting RO!!!! .... someone should tell these guys that it's less risker to go over the top than sneak a single in the powerplays. why can't he just try to blast his way to a 30 or 40, and in trying to do that he if gets out then its understandable, whats the point in getting RO in a 20T game, where the opposition is happy to give away the singles

and brilliant stuff by Sangakara and Lee. one batted like a champ and the other bowled like one. will be interesting to see who gets the MoM .... Rocking performance by the Kings

PS looking at the highlights, it was Uthappa who ran out Ronchi. In the Ist game too Uthappa ran out Jayasuriya, who in the 2nd game RO Ronchi, iirc. now may be its Ronchi's turn to RO someone

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
With three bowlers bowling at 140kph+ (and Pathan not too far behind), Punjab really do have the most threatening fast bowling attack.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
With three bowlers bowling at 140kph+ (and Pathan not too far behind), Punjab really do have the most threatening fast bowling attack.
Disagree. McGrath + Maharoof + Asif are better. Aside from Lee, not really convinced about the others in Punjab.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
LEE fired up! PUNJAB!!!!!!!!!!!!

commentary line of the year:

Commentator (Gavaskar?) - have you taken a liking to the punjabi food yet?
Simon Katich: Yeah the curry is quite good, unfortunately James Hopes has been laid low by it.
Gavaskar: Well at least he's getting runs some way or another.
:lol:

masterblaster

International Captain
Brett Lee was so brilliant yesterday. Punjab are going to miss him dearly. VRV Singh looked pretty ordinary. Hope he doesn't get anywhere near this Indian side.

pup11

International Coach
It's MI who join Chargers at the bottom .... this loss is going to hurt MI's NRR too

Ronchi keeps getting RO!!!! .... someone should tell these guys that it's less risker to go over the top than sneak a single in the powerplays. why can't he just try to blast his way to a 30 or 40, and in trying to do that he if gets out then its understandable, whats the point in getting RO in a 20T game, where the opposition is happy to give away the singles

and brilliant stuff by Sangakara and Lee. one batted like a champ and the other bowled like one. will be interesting to see who gets the MoM .... Rocking performance by the Kings

PS looking at the highlights, it was Uthappa who ran out Ronchi. In the Ist game too Uthappa ran out Jayasuriya, who in the 2nd game RO Ronchi, iirc. now may be its Ronchi's turn to RO someone
Mumbai Indians seem to have no gameplan what so ever and all the players are playing like a bunch of dorks, they just need to calm down a little bit and do their basics right and that would then certainly help them put up a better show, Ronchi has been unlucky so far in the IPL, got out in the first game courtesy to a superb catch and then got run-out in the next two games, Ronchi is a smart buy by the Mumbai Indians and on his day he could be destructive, so i hope his luck turns around in the upcoming games.

masterblaster

International Captain
http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/current/story/347604.html
I mean Harbhajan is really starting to become a problem child for BCCI and he definitely not learning from his mistakes, i am not a huge fan of Sree Santh, but hey the kid is bit immature and all... but you certainly don't slap a player on-field and there is no excuse for that.
I would love, absolutely love to see Murali Kartik be Anil Kumble's spin partner for India. Murali Kartik > Harbhajan Singh by a long, long way in my opinion.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Brett Lee was so brilliant yesterday. Punjab are going to miss him dearly. VRV Singh looked pretty ordinary. Hope he doesn't get anywhere near this Indian side.
The state Indian pace is in (Sreesanth's temper, Munaf's lethargy, Agarkar's small size, Joginder's lack of pace, RP's lack of form, Zaheer's injury and Irfan's old-ball issues), the sooner he gets back, the better.