• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Leslie1

U19 Captain
By hogging the phone lines and talk for a long long time? :laugh:

Well, Simon Doull would have been such a good fit for the afternoon slot as he is the only one around who can talk cricket talkback. Heard him a few times hosting the Bsport shows and he's always good talking abt cricket.

It's scary how hard it is to find Kiwi coverage of Black Caps when they are not playing. I wonder if it's possible to talk about cricket in winter.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
There was a distinct them-and-us vibe in the air, however. "I think everyone wishes they were in India at some point," said How, a touch more candidly than you might expect of a brand-new international captain.

:mad:

This is a Test match FFS, how do you wish you were in India?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There was a distinct them-and-us vibe in the air, however. "I think everyone wishes they were in India at some point," said How, a touch more candidly than you might expect of a brand-new international captain.

:mad:

This is a Test match FFS, how do you wish you were in India?
Numerous reasons spring to mind.

Cash, megabucks, readies, spondulicks, dough, ackers, brass, dosh, etc, etc

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Money > cricketing glory for most. It may be right, it may be wrong (not prepared to say it's either personally, nor I don't think should anyone who hasn't had to make the choice) but it's the way it is and I'm astonished that anyone should be surprised about such a thing.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm both surprised and not surprised in a way. How is a team man and is very commited to the side so him wishing he was in India is surprising however from what I've seen of him he'd also be pretty annoyed with the others for not putting the Black Caps first.

And yes I am basing this on him being almost impossible to remove from the creas (at times) and him almost bawling his eyes out in an interview at Napier after the tied ODI in which he played his best innings ever (IMO). He was absolutely gutted, he looked like he wanted to cry.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This should be tested with some scientific foot stamping and nipple gripples.
My eyes may water through pain, but this is different to crying.

What's more, my mother and father will always prevent such things happening to their dearly beloved first-born son - they have always sworn eternal protection.

Flem274*

123/5
My eyes may water through pain, but this is different to crying.

What's more, my mother and father will always prevent such things happening to their dearly beloved first-born son - they have always sworn eternal protection.
Even from the monster under the bed?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ind33dy.

Anyway... spam alert :spam:, and as I ain't no Fiery, best we knock it on the 'ead, huh? :p

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Interesting talking points (comments from players and coach)

Lineup for the 40 over match on Sunday? Any notable names from the English side playing?

McCullum:

"It's going to be hard to leave this (IPL)... This is where it is all happening, but having said that I understand that there is a tour to England about to begin which is really important.

But the couple of warm-up games before the test are going to seem incredibly low key when compared to what is going on here."

Braces:

"We've got to work above the line, and the line to be successful as an international batsman is 40-plus"..."We've got to start moving in that direction. We've got to start living above the line."

Howie:

"There's no doubt some of us are envious of what's going on over there (IPL)..." (paraphrase)

Distractions in the buildup? Hell yes. In other news, Gillespie has been discarded for Mason as the 4th seamer, so he will return after May 1st.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Lineup for the 40 over match on Sunday? Any notable names from the English side playing?
Well, mostly old hacks.

Richard Montgomerie (Sussex, 36)
Darren Bicknell (Surrey & Nottinghamshire, 40)
Nathan Astle (Canterbury & New Zealand, 36)
HD Ackerman (Western Province & Leicestershire, 35)
Rob Nicol (Auckland, 24)
*Chris Cairns (Canterbury & New Zealand, 37)
+Paul Nixon (Kent, Leicestershire & England, 37)
John Stephenson (Essex & Hampshire, 43)
Sean Ervine (Hampshire, Western Australia & Zimbabwe, 25)
Steve Elworthy (Transvaal, 43)
Min Patel (Kent, 37)

The teams are the ones they played for before, obv. Only Ervine and Nicol are on the books of a first-class team now.