• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in CWLand Discussion and Results

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Sad to see another cricketer succombe to stress.

On a personal note I'm pleased to get another chance in the top squad. Surely I'll perform better than last series.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Sad to see another cricketer succombe to stress.

On a personal note I'm pleased to get another chance in the top squad. Surely I'll perform better than last series.
You and I both Stedders. Should be a very challenging series.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Ishant Sharma has been ruled out of the entire ODI series due to his finger injury.

Zaheer Khan has made a fine recovery from his ankle injury, but will miss the warmup and the first ODI. Sreesanth replaces him for the warmup game.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
50-over: James Nixon Invitational XI vs Indians
at Fardin Qayyumi CC

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

The Indian team continued to show brittle tendencies, with Sachin Tendulkar scratching around for a 23-ball six against David Kennett in a symptomatic performance. The Invitational XI dominated for 40 overs during their batting effort, and despite a poor late charge, their total was more than enough as clouds gathered for the second innings.

A poor bowling effort from the Indians was overshadowed by a timely application for the recently freed up CW XI squad place. Nick Scott built a phenomenal innings, slashing ten fours and two sixes in a brutal 134, which kept things going after Jamee Gray had been caught by Raina after never really getting his eye in. Dinu de Silva played able support, but never quite managed to get loose, struggling against Kumar and Chawla.

At the death, Sreesanth and RP Singh made good returns, and the Invitational XI only managed 51 off the last ten overs despite two boundaries from Fuller and Young. Yet, 264 for four would be more than enough. Kennett bowled a fierce line to Tendulkar, and Gambhir was unable to get things going - Uthappa and Karthik briefly threatened during their stand of thirty, but a hat-trick from Fuller (Karthik, Raina, Chawla) ensured that India would get nowhere. Fuller later added Uthappa to his list, Pathan edged a few boundaries during a hapless last stand, but India still lost comfortably. There appears to be a lot of things to correct ahead of the ODI series.

James Nixon Invitational XI 264 for four (50)
NG Scott 134, MW de Silva 76; RP Singh 1/39

Indians 219 for eight (50)
G Gambhir 50, RV Uthappa 44; SE Fuller 5/34, DM Kennett 1/25

James Nixon Invitational XI won by 45 runs
Man of the Match: N. G. Scott (JNI)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure why that was played in Faisalabad. :p But a good game. Great to see Fuller taking wickets and Scott scoring runs. (y)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Uncapped Scott called up for Camps

Following the withdrawal of Liam Camps Jr. from the Cricket Web XI one-day international squad, Cricket Web Green batsman Nick Scott has been called up for the first time. Scott served primarily as an opener in Season XIII and enjoyed his best one-day form, with 1014 runs at a stunning average of 59.64.

Scott's career average of 42.52 has him earmarked as one of the brightest batting prospects in CWLand. He is expected to compete with Sean Fuller, who will almost certainly start the series as the replacement for Camps. The selectors have opted for batting cover rather than picking a bowler or allrounder, given the bowling strength already in the squad.

"We picked five bowlers [in the squad]. Liam has been an excellent bowler for us in the past, but we feel that we have enough depth in that department," said CWBCC co-chairman, Liam Camps Sr.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Fuller's my hero.

He could open for CW with both bat and ball. Infact he's such a superhuman he'd average a ton and a 5'fer with the ball. :cool:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
India team for 1st ODI

G Gambhir
V Sehwag(6)
SR Tendulkar(7)
SC Ganguly
Y Singh
MS Dhoni+*
IK Pathan(1)
H Singh(5)
P Kumar(3)