• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Think I'm off to bed. :bored::sleep: This is utterly uninspiring stuff.

Not really a fan of pitches like this. Can't blame NZ for trying to play to their strengths, but who on Earth wants to watch the (relatively) lower-order stay in for ages?

Let's hope I wake and find our top-order have scored as well as whatever NZ end-up with.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Taylor has scored the first century for New Zealand against anyone excluding Bangladesh since Jimmy Frankin's ton against South Africa on 29 April, 2006!!!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I never do this based on one game, but I take back what I said about Taylor. I wasn't so much part of the "he hits everything to deep midwicket" bandwagon as I was the pack leader of the "his defensive technique isn't good enough, his mindset is poor and his first class record isn't as good as others pushing for selection" bandwagon, based somewhat on what I'd seen in ODIs and quite a lot on his three Tests in SA (plus his FC record for that last factor, obviously).

This has changed, though. He looks a test batsman against what is a pretty good attack, albeit on a flat wicket. This is mainly based on yesterday as I've only seen about 15 minutes of today's play so far, but I thought I'd say it before he has 1,000 Test runs and people are digging my old posts up or something. :p Obviously he has a long way to go, but I can certainly see why he was picked now and that he most definitely is worth a go at this stage.

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
Vettori 50. He's played well, New Zealand's lower order making up for what they lacked up top. Nothing really exciting happening though, England need to do something, New Zealand can bat like this all day.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
English attack really looking impotent here. Looks like they're just praying for a mistake from one of these two.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Top innings from Taylor. Seriously though, put that shot in the cupboard and never get it out again unless you need 36rpo...

HeathDavisSpeed

Yeah, but it's been positively Marshall-esque compared to O'Brien.
Get a grip. The England seamers - particularly Harmison - have been unable to consistantly find the right line or the right length, let alone both together. Marshall-esque? I can only presume you mean the bowling might of James Marshall.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
what a drop kick.

Why do you think Pieterson was brought on? Um cause the other bowlers were ****house. Can't believe he get's out to a part timer like that.

Mixmasterreece

U19 Debutant
Harmison is an absolute disgrace.

How he manages to stay in this side is beyond me.

I doubt O'Brien could bowl any worse than Harmison has done in this innings.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And Chris Martin's forward defensive misses by 6 inches to rap up the innings. Bit dissapointing that we couldn't reach 500, but if someone would've offered the kiwi's 470 at the start of the day, they would've taken it no questions asked.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
To all those "Taylor-should-be-nowhere-near-the-test-team-he's-got-no-offside-game-to-speak-of-and-way-too-aggressive-and-only-ever-plays-that-ugly-hoick-over-midwicket" people: in your faces! :p

Rosco has done over the last two days what I always knew he was capable of since I first saw him play.

HeathDavisSpeed

what a drop kick.

Why do you think Pieterson was brought on? Um cause the other bowlers were ****house. Can't believe he get's out to a part timer like that.
Not a big fan of Ross Taylor, are you?

Are is this an opinion from another board?

Mind you, he was out playing that horrible heave over mid-wicket. After scoring 120 though, I think calling him a 'drop kick' is excessive.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Not a big fan of Ross Taylor, are you?

Are is this an opinion from another board?

Mind you, he was out playing that horrible heave over mid-wicket. After scoring 120 though, I think calling him a 'drop kick' is excessive.
My bad - just pissed that he got himself out and to 'that' shot. I think he's a great player and stoked he made the team.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Decent start from Cook-Vaughan, Patel on early enough, no Vettori yet though

Apparently Bell is okay to bat in his normal position which is a boost.

Hopefully Harmison will be dropped for the rest of the series, but i doubt it.