• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Test Playing Nations!!!

Which Non Test Playing Nation Do U Support?

• Total voters

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
If the publicity is good as you say it is, then probably yes; especially with low ticket fares but those won't be a problem in a country like UAE.

Telecasting locally? No idea, perhaps on some illegal cable network but I wouldn't have a clue on the telecasting of minnow matches.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Non Test Playing Nations - Newz:

1) Ireland and ECB agree ODI schedule:
Story: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ireland/content/story/332798.html.

2) UAE confident ahead of Namibia clash:
Story: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/icccont2007/content/story/332790.html.

3) Saudi Arabia win a slightly hollow victory:
Story: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/other/content/story/332604.html.

4) Obuya left out of Dubai team :
Story: http://www.nationmedia.com/dailynation/nmgcontententry.asp?category_id=5&newsid=115092.

5) Senior Nepali cricketers eyeing ICC world cricket berth:
Story: http://www.kantipuronline.com/kolnews.php?&nid=134549.

Last edited:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Non Test Playing Nations - Newz:

1) Accreditation for ICC U/19 Cricket World Cup in Malaysia closes TODAY:
Story: http://icc-cricket.yahoo.com/media-release/2008/january/media-release20080123-37.html

2) All 16 squads announced for ICC U/19 Cricket World Cup in Malaysia:
Story: http://icc-cricket.yahoo.com/media-release/2008/january/media-release20080123-38.html

ICC Intercontinental Cup 2007-08-Update:

UAE V/s Namibia
End of Day 1
UAE 147 for 6
[Saqib Ali 72*, Ahmed Raza 28*]
Namibia 164 all out in 44.3 overs

Last edited:

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Sweet will be looking forward to the England v Ireland game. Will be on the summer after my final second level exams too i would suspect. Will be on the hunt for a ticket.

Janus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
UAE V/s Namibia
End of Day 1
UAE 147 for 6
[Saqib Ali 72*, Ahmed Raza 28*]
Namibia 164 all out in 44.3 overs
Interesting development, Had Namibia pegged to win this one, will be difficult from here. Certainly unlikely to get the first innings lead, that would require some great bowling.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
How would it be to play 3 Odis between:

Test Playing Nations XI Vs Non Test Playing Nations XI?

Likely Teams:

Test Playing Nations IX From:
R.Ponting (C) (Aus), M.Haden (Aus), S.Jayasurya (Srl), S.Tendulkar (Ind), S.Chandrapaul (Win), K.Peterson (Eng), A.Symonds (Aus), M.Boucher (Wk) (Rsa), M.Muralidaran (Srl), M.Ntini (Rsa), Z.Khan (Ind), M.Asif (Pak), M.Hussey (Aus), B.Lee (Aus), Flintoff (Eng).

Non Test Playing Nations IX From:
T.Johnston (C) (Irl), S.Tikolo (Ken), WTS Porterfield (Irl), NJ O'Brien (Wk) (Irl), WB Rankin (Irl), AC Botha (Irl), A.Bagai (Wk) (Can), T.Odoyo (Ken), HA Varaiya (Ken), RN ten Doeschate (Hol), RR Watson (Scl), RM Haq (Scl), Saqib Ali (UAE), BL Kotze (Nam), F.Klokker (Den).

Wats Ur Openion?

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain

Likely Teams:

R.Ponting (C) (Aus), M.Haden (Aus), S.Jayasurya (Srl), S.Tendulkar (Ind), S.Chandrapaul (Win), K.Peterson (Eng), A.Symonds (Aus), M.Boucher (Wk) (Rsa), M.Muralidaran (Srl), M.Ntini (Rsa), Z.Khan (Ind), M.Asif (Pak), M.Hussey (Aus), B.Lee (Aus), Flintoff (Eng).

T.Johnston (C) (Irl), S.Tikolo (Ken), WTS Porterfield (Irl), NJ O'Brien (Wk) (Irl), WB Rankin (Irl), AC Botha (Irl), A.Bagai (Wk) (Can), T.Odoyo (Ken), HA Varaiya (Ken), RN ten Doeschate (Hol), RR Watson (Scl), RM Haq (Scl), Saqib Ali (UAE), BL Kotze (Nam), F.Klokker (Den).

Wats Ur Openion?

Terrible tbh. They'd get destroyed.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain

Likely Teams:

Wats Ur Openion?

It would be an annihilation. Don't mention it.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year

Likely Teams:

Wats Ur Openion?

Oh come on now I don't think Its that cut and dry, I think the associate team could come within 50 runs or 3 or 4 wickets of beating the Test XI I think though I m surprised that PJ Ongondo, with 30 ODI wickets lats year misses out

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Actually I think Zimbabwean and Bangladeshi players should be in the 'Non test playing nations' mix, it would give the side a better chance and you might as well include these guys since they can't make it into the first side.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh come on now I don't think Its that cut and dry, I think the associate team could come within 50 runs or 3 or 4 wickets of beating the Test XI I think though I m surprised that PJ Ongondo, with 30 ODI wickets lats year misses out
They really, really wouldn't. Most Test nations have difficulty getting within that distance of Australia.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
They really, really wouldn't. Most Test nations have difficulty getting within that distance of Australia.
But then even the little resistance they put is generally down to the guys on that list.

On a another matters which of these Associate cricketers do you think is deserving of a shot at county cricket.

Thomas Odoyo
A.Bagai
HA Varaiya
Peter Ongondo
Saqib Ali
Dwayne Leverock
Umar Bhatti

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
But then even the little resistance they put is generally down to the guys on that list.

On a another matters which of these Associate cricketers do you think is deserving of a shot at county cricket.

Thomas Odoyo
A.Bagai
HA Varaiya
Peter Ongondo
Saqib Ali
Dwayne Leverock
Umar Bhatti

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Wat do u think could be the scores? Between Test XI & Non Test XI???
Random guess

Non-Test XI 197 all out (48.5 overs)
Porterfield 45 (73) Lee 8-2-27-3
Odoyo 39 not out Muralidaran 10-2-39-3

Test XI 199/4 (38 overs)
Hussey 64 not out Rankin 7-1-37-1
Hayden 52(38) Varaiya 4-0-19-1

Efaz

U19 12th Man
BD U-19 Vs Nepal U-19
BD U-19 302/4 Over -50; Mithun 142, Nadimuddin 118; Paras 2/40, Amrit 2/53
Nepal U-19 191/8 Over -50; Anil 48, Paras 36, Gyanendra 27; Saikat 1/18, Kibria 1/18, Dollar 1/24
Bangladesh Under-19 won by 111 runs (First one-day; Venue-Fatullah; Toss-Nepal U19; Date-24 January 2008)

BCB Academy Vs Hong Kong
BCB Academy 271/9 Over - 48 (Imrul Kayes 80, Naeem 59*, Mosharaf 38, Nazimuddin 28; Irfan 3/69)
Hong Kong 200/8 Over - 45 (Tabarak 38, Ashish 34*, Munir 50; Mosharaf 3/36, Mahmudullah 2/48)
One-day match at Hong Kong Cricket Club on 23 Jan. 08; Toss - Hong Kong; Result - BCB Academy won by 71 runs (3 overs curtailed from Hong Kong innings for slow over rate); Next matches on 25th (KCC) and 26th (HKCC) January