• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
I have a feeling Brisbane will have a good year..sort of like Port Adelaide last year. But it's time for the Eagles to step up another notch in 2008.

archie mac

International Coach
Here comes the footy:cool:

I have been asked (told) that I can only umpire or coach this year and not both:@

I decided to go with the coaching:cool:

Have we any other coaches, umpires, players on here?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hope to be playing again for Old Carey in B Grade Amateurs. But I need a bit of a break from sport, hopefully speak to the coach about taking a month off at the start. Cricket and footy season just roll into each other now, no time off.

Anyways, on the field I'm not great loss to the club. :)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Lol at mental image of Archie standing in his living room abusing himself.

EDIT: Actually, that sounds wrong.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
With Judd and Cousins absent in the midfield I expect Masten to play at least 7-10 matches this season.
That would be ideal but i would not get your hopes up. With Cousins and Judd gone look for Butler to slot back into the middle after a horror year. Shannon Hurn has trimmed down a little and will play a rotating role through there IMO. LeCras will play more football in there as well.

Priddis, Steinglein, Kerr, Cox, Embley, Braun, Butler, Hurn, LeCras, Fletcher, McNamara,and Selwood will all play in the middle at times and even people like Staker could fill a role. I think Masten will be lucky to play 5 games although i hope i am wrong.

Throw Masten, Ebert, and Scott Selwood into the mix along with the developing KPP and i think it will be a scary looking side come 2009/10.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
Fletcher needs to recapture his AA form now more than ever.
Spot on,

If he improves his skills then he will be fine IMO. he has never had any trouble finding the footy and that will continue even without the likes of Judd and Cousins but until he starts to hurt sides by foot he will always be under pressure.

This year may just be his year IMO.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Spot on,

If he improves his skills then he will be fine IMO. he has never had any trouble finding the footy and that will continue even without the likes of Judd and Cousins but until he starts to hurt sides by foot he will always be under pressure.

This year may just be his year IMO.
Yep Fletcher's a player that needs to step up if he wants to cement a spot in the midfield. We have enough KPP's as it is...I just hope that Hansen can play a whole season without hamstring troubles.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
New avatar, Bachar Houli during this pre-season tanked up. ****ing massive for a 2nd year player.

****ing can't wait for the footy, Dons for the flag to be honest.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Will be lucky to crack the top 14 tbh.
Why?

We won 10 games last year... Why are we going to get dramtically worse?

Hird retiring is a big loss but even he wasn't having the greatest impact towards the end of his career. Knights coming on board will revitalise the blokes who have only had 1 coach. He seems to be making all the right noises so far.

We'll finish ahead of Richmond, Carlton and Melbourne for a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.