• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Isolator

State 12th Man
Had the ball popped out of Ponting's hands as he landed, it wouldn't have been a catch. So if he grounds the ball as he lands, that too cannot be a catch.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should do, if indeed we have an end to the series....

Will be thoroughly disappointed if India boycott the rest of the tour.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
That's the whole issue, the way it's worded it can be interpreted that way. The laws need some tightening up or some form of clarification from the ICC.
I think Sean is pretty spot on with his reply to you. It really has not been an issue like this in the past as evidenced by the many many catches like the one being discussed being given. I think the poor decisions of the umpires here have contributed to this extra scrutiny. For mine, it has been interpreted a catch countless times before and the umpires have already set a precedent.

duffer

Should do, if indeed we have an end to the series....

Will be thoroughly disappointed if India boycott the rest of the tour.
Probably just posturing trying to force the ICC's hand with regards to Bucknor and Hogg.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Now it has become a question of ICC'S impartiality and their understanding of South asian culture.
Sidhu commented that yesterday that the " monkey word" being called offensive is insult to hinduism and our culture.
why does the match referee only accept the aussie version of events and act according to what they percieve racist and not racist?
This is way important than cricket now.
BCCI has almost confirmed that if harbhajan is not apologised too and let free then tour over as the players are united on this issue and are pressuring the board .
Yesterday there were protests outside board secretary's house,the whole country
is backing the team.

duffer

For mine, it has been interpreted a catch countless times before and the umpires have already set a precedent.
Yep, so has hitting the cover of the ball straight to the keeper, but that still didn't stop an umpire from not giving it out. :laugh:

sideshowtim

Banned
There is a very a serious chance now that this tour would be called off, the Indian team were expected to leave Sydney today but they haven't and according to Indian media reports, Indian players are no longer interested in contuning this tour.
If this is true, I have one thing to say to the Indians:

Man up you little bloody crybabies. For Gods sake. So you got a few crappy decisions against you? It's part of the bloody game. Pick yourself up, dust youself off and come back stronger at Perth. If India cancelled the rest of this tour it'd be one of the most gutless, disgusting things to ever happen.

Isolator

State 12th Man
I think Sean is pretty spot on with his reply to you. It really has not been an issue like this in the past as evidenced by the many many catches like the one being discussed being given. I think the poor decisions of the umpires here have contributed to this extra scrutiny. For mine, it has been interpreted a catch countless times before and the umpires have already set a precedent.
So you think that had the ball popped out of Ponting's hands as he landed, it would still have been a catch?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The Indians will not boycott the rest of the tour, I guarantee it.

Too much money lost, and the BCCI themselves have said they don't want to sour the relationship with Cricket Australia.

They're only still in Sydney for the Harbhajan appeal (if its occuring) and the Brad Hogg hearing.

If Hogg's guilty, I'd love to see the punishment be his tongue is cut off. Even if he's not guilty I reckon it should happen.

Andrew Pollock

School Boy/Girl Captain

Man up you little bloody crybabies. For Gods sake. So you got a few crappy decisions against you? It's part of the bloody game. Pick yourself up, dust youself off and come back stronger at Perth. If India cancelled the rest of this tour it'd be one of the most gutless, disgusting things to ever happen.
Cry babies???
How about crickets that complain about having to play too much cricket, then sign up for T20 games

or

Symonds to scared to tour Pakistan!

jeevan

International 12th Man
There is a very a serious chance now that this tour would be called off, the Indian team were expected to leave Sydney today but they haven't and according to Indian media reports, Indian players are no longer interested in contuning this tour.
Million dollar question is if Harbhajan confessed to inflicting this racial abuse or not. If he has, the Indian team is not justified in doing this.

If he has not, then it is a completely different kettle of fish. Picking Symonds and Ponting's word over Harbhajan's - especially when the stump mics, the Umpires or Sachin didnt catch the alleged tirade - leaves them in a very untenable position.

Not just Harbhajan, but Sachin also went out on a limb saying what he heard was harmless.

pup11

International Coach
The Indians will not boycott the rest of the tour, I guarantee it.

Too much money lost, and the BCCI themselves have said they don't want to sour the relationship with Cricket Australia.

They're only still in Sydney for the Harbhajan appeal (if its occuring) and the Brad Hogg hearing.

If Hogg's guilty, I'd love to see the punishment be his tongue is cut off. Even if he's not guilty I reckon it should happen.
:laugh:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

It was symonds who went crying to the match referee.
And the match referee banning a innocent player on basis of no neutral evidence is correct?
Next time ,when you come to india after spate of bad decisions in matches(precisely 8-1) ,one of your player is jailed and disgraced for saying something which indians find "racist" but is said commonly in australia while rest of the indian team is getting away for calling symonds a "monkey" and a "chimpanzee" then how will your team react?
chin up my foot.