• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Evermind

International Debutant
Clarke caught that ball – I’ve no doubt. And considering the television replays were inconclusive (although I personally think they confirmed the catch) I think it’s rather disappointing that people are suggesting Clarke’s a cheat based on that evidence alone. Of course I must be saying all that because I’m Australian 8-) . Are we even certain Benson was asking Ponting if it was out – maybe Ponting was asking him and Benson was saying yes, I’m giving it out. Of course I don’t know. Regardless, (some) people just take the whole thing way too seriously. Some stuff in here makes me realise how situations like that in Kenya can arise. I hope the Indians hold out.
8-)

Yeah, a perfectly reasonable response to an unreasonable thread.

Ponting sure as hell didn't look like he was asking anything. It's as sure a definite declaration as I've ever seen. Woah. So many people here seem to be watching a completely different match!

JBH001

International Regular
Not sure how else to explain it:unsure:

15 overs left, so they now start the last hour of the match.

But if it takes longer than an hour (and the light is okay) they will keep playing until the overs have been bowled

But if they bowl 15 overs in say 45 mins, they will keep bowling for another 15 mins

Got it?

Right....I....think...I...have...GOT IT!!!

thanks! :D

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
8-)

Ponting sure as hell didn't look like he was asking anything. It's as sure a definite declaration as I've ever seen. Woah. So many people here seem to be watching a completely different match!
Thought Ponting was wanting the finger to be raised. Pet hate of many cricketers, umpires who don't raise the finger and nod instead, far too ambiguous.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The point is that neither matter at all. A batsman can stand there as long as he wants until the umpire tells him to go, doesn't matter if you're bowled or it bounced 4 times before you were caught in the slips. I imagine Clarke was just standing there in shock or whatever, but it really doesn't matter, and the fact that so many people were frothing at the mouth over it just shows how ridiculous this thread has gotten.
If you have been caught as cleanly, you have no business standing. As Gavaskar said, what did he want? For the fielder to catch the ball by one hand before he walks? The rules say a lot of things. However, the norm is that the players walk off when they are caught like this. This is why people laughed at him. Voltman is not an Indian and even he thought it was crazy. It is not comparable to the Ganguly dismissal.

Flem274*

123/5
8-)

Sarcasm is getting a really good workout in this thread. Its a shame really.

I don't mean this to be a personal attack BTW

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I really hope it's a draw. I don't think it would be particularly fair for Australians to win, but its cricket, these things happen.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Sreesanth likely to play at the WACA ? is he still part of the squad ? Would love the fireworks between him and the Aussies if he plays ....:)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
If you have been caught as cleanly, you have no business standing. As Gavaskar said, what did he want? For the fielder to catch the ball by one hand before he walks? The rules say a lot of things. However, the norm is that the players walk off when they are caught like this. This is why people laughed at him. Voltman is not an Indian and even he thought it was crazy. It is not comparable to the Ganguly dismissal.
I have no issue with people laughing at him. People laughed at Yuvraj standing his ground in the first test when he'd edged it, though that was much more serious as he stayed at the crease after the finger was raised.

I have an issue with Clarke being called a cheat over it, when there was quite obviously nothing wrong with it.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope he gets two quick ones, should make it exciting
Any success Symond's has makes the game slightly less enjoyable for me. Would be terrible from my perspective if Symonds picked up a couple of wickets, and the 'match-winner' claim would come out.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have no issue with people laughing at him. People laughed at Yuvraj standing his ground in the first test when he'd edged it, though that was much more serious as he stayed at the crease after the finger was raised.

I have an issue with Clarke being called a cheat over it, when there was quite obviously nothing wrong with it.
Yeah, that is fair enough.