• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was valuable to the team's cause, but **** some people are crapping on about it like it was the finest innings of his career. He was incredibly lucky not to be out about 3 or 4 times before he actually was, his running between the wickets and inability to find singles was absolutely terrible, he was batting far too slowly on what was a batsman's paradise and he barely hit a convincing shot all innings.
Counted about 4 convincing 'attacking' shots in his innings, some very solid defensive shots also. Looked good towards the end.

Laurrz

International Debutant
mm the ball is spinning a bit sorta

worried about that a tad with Kumble and Harbhajan... if they roll us for 200 they will win this probably [unless we bowl em out for 300ish which is unlikely]

most likely scenario is that we bowl em out for 400ish... we get a slim lead... a session before stumps....
then we have to bat the entire day 4 i feel... giving us a 350 odd lead ... india needing 350 to win on the final day... wow

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Love how this test match has played out so far, with each team gaining an advantage at different times during the match. Will be an interesting day tomorrow. Hope India get up around 400 to make a real game of it.

Son Of Coco

Give me a break last time Gilly dropped catches like that was during the 05 Ashes series and whenever he has a bad day behind the stumps Australia as a team too seem to have a bad day in the field.
Punctuation would make me less confused. :blink:

Son Of Coco

He has been dire and if this is the way he is gonna bowl at test level then i can't see him playing ahead of Tait.
He was alright at the start of the innings. It may have only been for a few overs but he bowled well at the start.

Craig

World Traveller
It was valuable to the team's cause, but **** some people are crapping on about it like it was the finest innings of his career. He was incredibly lucky not to be out about 3 or 4 times before he actually was, his running between the wickets and inability to find singles was absolutely terrible, he was batting far too slowly on what was a batsman's paradise and he barely hit a convincing shot all innings.
Nobody is saying that. Just an out of form batsman finding his feet again and not throwing away his wicket and being able to stay out there.

Son Of Coco

That's one example of why Australia are so good, they keep on trying through the whole day and now there are two new batsmen at the crease to face the last 30 minutes of play.

Congratulations on fantastic knocks from both Laxman and Dravid though. Two entirely different affairs, yet both beautiful in their making.
I agree, and they were scrappy today in parts (Gilchrist's catching for one) but I'd guarantee they'll come at the Indians hard tomorrow.

Son Of Coco

Gilchrist was very poor today, wasn't he? Needs the pink gloves back.
Yeah, I haven't seen him keep like that for a long time.

Just had 'The Great Walking Debate' on ACA...gee they're wankers! haha

They show the Symonds stumping from behind the keeper as some sort of definitive proof he was out...spend more than 5 minutes trying to come up with ideas guys!

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Hope it doesn't rain over the next few days, the match is set up beautifully.

Didn't Laxman play well today? Just a joy to watch an innings like that.

And, wow, who would have suggested such a thing, but things evened out a bit today, with India getting a bit of luck, with some easy catches dropped, a wicket off a no-ball, and what looked to me to be a pretty plumb LBW turned down. It's almost like these things even out in the end! :)

Laxman played some wonderful shots, and I was really pleased to see Dravid stick at his task and achieve a good score - hopefully this will mark the turning of a corner in his form and he'll be back to the Dravid we know and love.

I thought Lee's ball to remove Wassim Jaffer was a doozy, and unless I'm mistaken TEC, it swung in. Johnson bowled well, but today was the first time IMO that the predicted "there are two batsmen set, and no Warne or McGrath to throw the ball to" problem occurred.