• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Yep exactly and if he's worked off the rust, he'll be very dangerous in Adelaide. He may just be trying to pace himself and not peak too early.
Its a very good innings from a batsman out o form. Showcases all his strengths.

If I had to find a fault (with both him and Laxman really) its the inability to take more singles.

Dravid scored 28 of his first 115 balls - 20 of them came from five boundaries. I think he should have scored more than just 8 singles from the other 110 deliveries, not to push up the scoring rate but to get himself feeling better and lighter plus preventing the bowlers from planning at one batsman at one end.

Craig

World Traveller
Yep exactly and if he's worked off the rust, he'll be very dangerous in Adelaide. He may just be trying to pace himself and not peak too early.
What about Perth where the 3rd Test will be played? Or do you have inside knowledge? :ph34r:

pup11

International Coach
Isn't the next game at Perth or are you saying he might peak by the time the series reaches Adelaide, i really didn't see much wrong with Dravid's innings either and if anyone needs to criticised then its the Indian team management who made Dravid open even when they knew he never liked that slot and neither is he in great form but credit to Dravid for the way he hung in there and did whatever he could.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What about Perth where the 3rd Test will be played? Or do you have inside knowledge?
Haha, nah. Just think it'll go like this; today will be the knock to get the rust out, Perth I reckon he'll be looking to bring out the shots more and Adelaide he'll do well. I do know he played well last time because I was there and if he gets back to anywhere near his best, Adelaide will be just about the perfect time for him. Although he only got 50 today, he was out there for 150+ balls. Can't be anything other than beneficial for his form, especially since the Aussies couldn't get him out and he really got himself out. Just saying his form looks to be a slow build. Dangerous signs for Australia.

burr

State Vice-Captain
If I had to find a fault (with both him and Laxman really) its the inability to take more singles.

Dravid scored 28 of his first 115 balls - 20 of them came from five boundaries. I think he should have scored more than just 8 singles from the other 110 deliveries, not to push up the scoring rate but to get himself feeling better and lighter plus preventing the bowlers from planning at one batsman at one end.
Yep – their ground fielding and running between wickets is abysmal. I’m not even supporting India and I find it frustrating. I mean as an Australian fan my highlight of the day (after Laxman’s innings obviously) was that Symond’s save on the boundary. It was inspiring.

Craig

World Traveller
Haha, nah. Just think it'll go like this; today will be the knock to get the rust out, Perth I reckon he'll be looking to bring out the shots more and Adelaide he'll do well. I do know he played well last time because I was there and if he gets back to anywhere near his best, Adelaide will be just about the perfect time for him. Although he only got 50 today, he was out there for 150+ balls. Can't be anything other than beneficial for his form, especially since the Aussies couldn't get him out and he really got himself out. Just saying his form looks to be a slow build. Dangerous signs for Australia.
Yep, I'll go with that.

Craig

World Traveller
India 3/216. I think India would have taken that if you had offered them that at the start of their innings especially with near return to form by Dravid and Laxman's magic knock.

Laurrz

International Debutant
pretty good fightback from India.. about 250 runs behind now...

IMO Aussies needa get em all out around 370 to be in a strong position... wont be easy... need to break this partnership early tomorrow...

new ball in 18 overs

pasag

RTDAS
Wish play went on for another hour :(

Really good stuff, it's not often I enjoy watching Australian bowlers get carted but some guys like KP, Sangas and Laxman really make it a pleasure to watch, however bittersweet.

sideshowtim

Banned
It was valuable to the team's cause, but **** some people are crapping on about it like it was the finest innings of his career. He was incredibly lucky not to be out about 3 or 4 times before he actually was, his running between the wickets and inability to find singles was absolutely terrible, he was batting far too slowly on what was a batsman's paradise and he barely hit a convincing shot all innings.

pasag

RTDAS
The thing with Dravid is that many, myself included belive that behind the scenes and political/media/dressing room dramas have taken their toll (more speculation than anything), coupled with the long Indian season, so some time in the middle might not be what the doctor ordered for regaining form, rather a break from the game and some rest (imo).

burr

State Vice-Captain
That was a fabulous day’s test cricket. It had the strokeplay (Laxman), the grit (Dravid), the rearguard action (India), late wickets and the prospect of Tendulkar tomorrow. Plus, it was played in the right spirit in front of a great crowd. I loved their good-natured teasing of Dravid who acknowledged it superbly.