• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

cricman

International 12th Man
Ash is a good player but he is just so unpredictable! That would never help Bangas cause. And Aftab CAN be a decently consistant player but has the knack to throw it all away.

Sorry but I think it's ime that both Ash and Aftab mature up a bit. It's not like they just started playing International cricket yesterday! Sure they are pretty darn young, but not young enough in the international circuit!

*furstrated :down:*

Ash is on his way up, he's been averaging about 30 in his past 60 ODI's which isn't great but for a Bangladeshi is exceptional and he's going to continue to score runs, The bounce actually helps him he's going to be a problem for New Zealand all series. Aftab on the other hand :dry: , he's a finisher a #6 type batsmen.

I'll say the last game was just a bad day in office for everyone not named Tamim and Ashraful, I think the others will rebound tommorow. Tamim and Ash have been in good form through out the practice matches etc. I expect Juniad to have a much bigger impact as well.

Days of Grace

International Captain
imo Taylor should be batting 3.
Its where he has had alot of success domestically and also in his brief international career.

He likes the new ball, but if he is coming in at no.5 and up against the new ball, he cant play his natural game - which is too attack.

what the? If he is coming in at no.3 he will face the new ball anyway, particularly as he is a NZ batsman.

No.5 and no.6 are the perfect positions in a team for attacking players IMO.

Your no.3 must be very solid, your no.4 your best batsman, no's 5 and 6 your most attacking batsmen. Astle and McMillan were a great no.5/6 pair for NZ when they were both in form.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vettori never gets wickets. Thats why id love to see Patel to play in Tests, but for some reason people in power love Vettori.
Vettori has 17 wickets in his last 5 non-SA Tests. A bit harsh to say he never gets wickets when he's failed against one opposition in recent times. Also a bit presumptuous to suggest that someone with a first-class average barely under 40 would do a better job.

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
what the? If he is coming in at no.3 he will face the new ball anyway, particularly as he is a NZ batsman.

No.5 and no.6 are the perfect positions in a team for attacking players IMO.

Your no.3 must be very solid, your no.4 your best batsman, no's 5 and 6 your most attacking batsmen. Astle and McMillan were a great no.5/6 pair for NZ when they were both in form.
I agree with you on those postions absolutely for tests, but not for one dayers. Astle opened for NZ in ODIs, and was our most successful ODI batsman for a long period. He was a #5/#6 in tests though. I don't think Taylor is ready for tests yet, but I would have him as a #5 in a test lineup.

For modern ODIs, you must use the powerplays to your advantage as a batting side. One of your openers should be able to come out of the blocks on a good day, and go at a better than a run a ball (Gilchrist, Jayasuria, and it's what NZ are trying to get out of McCullum)

The other opener should aim to bat solidly and build an innings.

#3 has to be someone with no fear and an adaptable game, who can come in and be able to do either of those jobs if an early wicket falls, or capitalise on a good start by your openers. #4 is your best batsman. #5 should be very solid, (incase of top-order collapse), someone you'd expect to come in after the powerplays and hit the gaps + the odd boundary in the middle overs, rotate the strike, and support a set batsman, or the power hitters in the late overs.

That's why my wishlist would be to see our ODI top order consist of

1.How
2.McCullum
3.Taylor
4.Styris
5.Fulton

because I think they've shown based on their records, that these roles suit their natural games.

I'm actually more at a loss to think of who would come after that. if Bond and Franklin were fit, then maybe

6.Oram
7.Franklin
8.Mills
9.Vettori
10.Bond
11.Patel

That gives us a 6-7-8 bracket who can all clear the ropes at the death. We have 6 decent bowling options, with Mills and Bond opening, Franklin first change, and Oram more of a batsman and backup bowling option

On, say, a pitch that's likely to get more seam movement and less turn, I would bump off Patel and bing Sinclair in at 6 as an extra Batsman, and have Oram the 5th Bowler.

Ahhh, how one can dream....

Days of Grace

International Captain
Fulton should always be ahead of Styris. Why? Because Styris has the greatest ability to clear the ropes in the death overs. The lower you bat, the better you should be at clearing the ropes (this applies for numbers 4-7) in ODI cricket.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Anyway, I want to see the selectors choose a batting order and stick with it at least for 20 games. I don't want to see a player batting at no.5 one series and then no.3 the next. I want a settled order 1-6 for at least 20 games.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Anyway, I want to see the selectors choose a batting order and stick with it at least for 20 games. I don't want to see a player batting at no.5 one series and then no.3 the next. I want a settled order 1-6 for at least 20 games.
Yes. You are right. But IMO, it is highly unlikely with the rate the NZ players get injured very frequently

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FFS Peter Parker, you're ****ing attrocious. That was a shocking decision.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Peter Porkey farkin' Parker, you fat git. Just because they are asian you wouldn't give it out. If it was Brett Lee you biased sap you would have lifted your finger before the ball even got to the keeper.

I have seen this numerous times in Australia. He is a fat, biased git. Go and eat some more Wendy's you pig!!

Perm

Just seen a closeup of Parker and I really don't think that's acceptable for an international umpire. The guy has ****!

Perm

Bangladesh were on the receiving end of quite a few poor decisions in the Twenty20 game against the NZPA XI and the 1st ODI and they really hindered their chances.

The inner ring looks disgraceful. Poorly grassed and uneven by the looks of it.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Great run out there. Rahim was the quickest i've seen any keeper get the ball and then whip off the bails.