• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

Flem274*

123/5
Is it just me or is Taylor shaping up to be a waste of talent? Today he premeditated the same shot twice in a row and paid the price. Its all very well having outstanding hand-eye coordination but he just doesn't use his brain and loses concentration at crucial moments. I'm not saying he should be dropped but he is starting to concern me because bar his fifty in aus and a few scores in 20/20 WC he's done absolutely nothing since his hundred in the CH last season.

Fiery

Banned
Is it just me or is Taylor shaping up to be a waste of talent? Today he premeditated the same shot twice in a row and paid the price. Its all very well having outstanding hand-eye coordination but he just doesn't use his brain and loses concentration at crucial moments. I'm not saying he should be dropped but he is starting to concern me because bar his fifty in aus and a few scores in 20/20 WC he's done absolutely nothing since his hundred in the CH last season.
You have every reason to be concerned Flem

Flem274*

123/5
Good from How today. People will bleat on that it was against Bangladesh but he has got himself into some form now and hopefully he will continue it. I think once he improves his strike rotation he will be a good player, not a world class one but he can get the job done.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah. He's failed to impress me a great deal, really. He seems a pretty good on-side player with a good eye, but he heaves across the line regularly and looks even worse when he actually tries to play through the off-side. He certainly shouldn't be in contention for test selection and I wouldn't be getting that excited about him in one day cricket either. Bowlers are beginning to figure him out - he needs ot adapt or he'll perish.

Fiery

Banned
Good from How today. People will bleat on that it was against Bangladesh but he has got himself into some form now and hopefully he will continue it. I think once he improves his strike rotation he will be a good player, not a world class one but he can get the job done.
Yeah I like the cut of his jib

Fiery

Banned
Yeah. He's failed to impress me a great deal, really. He seems a pretty good on-side player with a good eye, but he heaves across the line regularly and looks even worse when he actually tries to play through the off-side. He certainly shouldn't be in contention for test selection and I wouldn't be getting that excited about him in one day cricket either. Bowlers are beginning to figure him out - he needs ot adapt or he'll perish.
Just needs a kick in the ass imo. He'll be good one day soon

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
I would hardly call his exit today 'losing concentration at a crucial moment' considering the situation of the game when he came in.

I realise it's the NZ way that even though we won the game, something has to be found to bleat about, so zero in on the guy who got out for a low score to Bangladesh. But reality-wise his dismissal today is a bit of a non-issue.

Flem274*

123/5
I would hardly call his exit today 'losing concentration at a crucial moment' considering the situation of the game when he came in.

I realise it's the NZ way that even though we won the game, something has to be found to bleat about, so zero in on the guy who got out for a low score to Bangladesh. But reality-wise his dismissal today is a bit of a non-issue.
I don't know how many of my posts you have read but for the record I have always been a Taylor critic and I genuinely dislike the people that always have to find something to complain about e.g. almost everyone on talkback radio.

I do accept that it was not a crucial moment and it was poor wording on my part but I'm reasonably sure that most would agree with me when I say that Taylor is prone to loss of concentration as well as the other flaws I pointed out in that post and in previous posts.

Anyways I havent seen you around before so welcome to the forum mate.:)

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
Hello :) I'm a long time lurker of Cricket Chat, but don't post much...

I'm a bit biased in favour of ex-Palmerston North Boy's HS players, since that's where I attended. That's Sinclair, Oram, Taylor, How...

I think Taylor is good enough to be in the BlackCaps setup as it stands. That said, he shows talent and good prospects for the future, as well as room for a good deal of technical improvement, no question.

He may turn out to have a McMillian style career, or he may be better than that. Time will tell IMO, not much point in excessive crystal ball gazing. And arguably even McMillian came right (Then NZC lost him :@ )

Anyways....you don't drop a 'Ross Taylor' from the setup. You can't teach talent, but you can iron out and adapt a technique, and I see no reason why you can't teach aspects of temperment either. He made the runs at domestic level and shows the promise, so a good go in the Black Caps with the exposure and training it provides is what is needed.

It's a rare player starting at international level with nothing to learn/improve on his game

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah Taylor's dismissal is a non-issue for me, he was in the position to risk his wicket to get the game over with quicker, he was in no way harming our chances of victory by going for it. If you were concerned for the sake of his average then yes he's an idiot. But in the grander context I saw nothing wrong with it.

Fiery

Banned
Yeah Taylor's dismissal is a non-issue for me, he was in the position to risk his wicket to get the game over with quicker, he was in no way harming our chances of victory by going for it. If you were concerned for the sake of his average then yes he's an idiot. But in the grander context I saw nothing wrong with it.
DWTA, sorry mate. I would have preferred him to be a bit more sensible about it tbh. He needs to improve his average. Selectors look at those and also frown about guys throwing their wickets away like that

Athlai

Not Terrible
Would have preferred him to be a bit more sensible about it tbh. He needs to improve his average. Selectors look at those
With some of the selections I really have to wonder about that.

I want him at 3 for reasons I have already made clear, 5 is too late for Taylor IMO.

Fiery

Banned
Hello :) I'm a long time lurker of Cricket Chat, but don't post much...

I'm a bit biased in favour of ex-Palmerston North Boy's HS players, since that's where I attended. That's Sinclair, Oram, Taylor, How...

I think Taylor is good enough to be in the BlackCaps setup as it stands. That said, he shows talent and good prospects for the future, as well as room for a good deal of technical improvement, no question.

He may turn out to have a McMillian style career, or he may be better than that. Time will tell IMO, not much point in excessive crystal ball gazing. And arguably even McMillian came right (Then NZC lost him :@ )

Anyways....you don't drop a 'Ross Taylor' from the setup. You can't teach talent, but you can iron out and adapt a technique, and I see no reason why you can't teach aspects of temperment either. He made the runs at domestic level and shows the promise, so a good go in the Black Caps with the exposure and training it provides is what is needed.

It's a rare player starting at international level with nothing to learn/improve on his game
Good post. Welcome to the forum :thumbsup: