• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

Fiery

Banned
Sorry Fiery, slip up in my writing. I know you get fired up by people saying the wrong thing about New Zealand so accept my apologies please.

Its particularity embarrassing as I'm paid in my job to understand New Zealand politics and economy.
:thumbsup: Apology accepted ;)

(You could have easily got out of that by saying you meant State sides, the insurance company that sponsors the domestic comp, btw :p)

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well if it was not for crappy run outs that would not have even been much of a match.

I appreciate that was not a full team but the form of many of New Zealand internationals did not show anything from this match and after getting crushed in warm up matches the Bangladesh team are going to go into the one day games on a high.

Fiery

Banned
Well if it was not for crappy run outs that would not have even been much of a match.

I appreciate that was not a full team but the form of many of New Zealand internationals did not show anything from this match and after getting crushed in warm up matches the Bangladesh team are going to go into the one day games on a high.
Yes, seriously awful performance. O'Brien needs to be sent back to club cricket for a start

Flem274*

123/5
I'm not too worried about this loss actualy, half that team wouldn't/shouldn't get anywhere near a top NZ side. 20/20 is a fickle game and the 50 over format will be alot more dificult for them, we are number 3 in the world for a reason as well. This loss is a blessing in disguise as it will fire up the Black Caps IMO. Tim Southee is a ****ing legend BTW.

My prefferred NZ side:

McCullum
How
Taylor
Fulton
Styris
Ryder (Ryder>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marshall)
Oram
Vettori
Mills
Mason
Patel

If we win the first two games, and we should, I'd be tempted to give Southee another taste in a dead game against weaker opposition. I think he has it mentally to play the odd ODI. Might be best to err on the side of caution though.

Perm you should be ashamed of yourself for supporting Bangladesh:@

Fiery

Banned
I'm not too worried about this loss actualy, half that team wouldn't/shouldn't get anywhere near a top NZ side. 20/20 is a fickle game and the 50 over format will be alot more dificult for them, we are number 3 in the world for a reason as well. This loss is a blessing in disguise as it will fire up the Black Caps IMO. Tim Southee is a ****ing legend BTW.

My prefferred NZ side:

McCullum
How
Taylor
Fulton
Styris
Ryder (Ryder>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marshall)
Oram
Vettori
Mills
Mason
Patel

If we win the first two games, and we should, I'd be tempted to give Southee another taste in a dead game against weaker opposition. I think he has it mentally to play the odd ODI. Might be best to err on the side of caution though.

Perm you should be ashamed of yourself for supporting Bangladesh:@
Gee that's philosophical Flem

Flem274*

123/5
Gee that's philosophical Flem
No use crying about it, its happened. Now we play our top team and back our ability. Our bowlers have already found a few chinks in the armour of their batsmen. Also Fulton and How are not really very good 20/20 players it isn't their game.

Fiery

Banned
No use crying about it, its happened. Now we play our top team and back our ability. Our bowlers have already found a few chinks in the armour of their batsmen. Also Fulton and How are not really very good 20/20 players it isn't their game.
:thumbsup:. What the hell were James Marshall and O'Brien doing in that team though? Seriously, the selectors need to totally forget either was ever born

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I seriously wouldn't fret. Firstly, it was a warmup game and secondly, it was a Twenty20 game anyway. O'Brien getting smashed, for example, isn't really a concern, as he isn't in the picture and the nature of the match always meant it was going to be a complete lottery. Way too much reaction to this match, for mine.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:lamo:

You're not a NZ cricket fan. Why don't you move to Australia and take your avatar with you?
I'm very much a NZ cricket fan. I do like Bangladesh though, alot, and I think that anything that can help strengthen them is good. As it is, things have to change with the Black Caps, and we could do with a few losses against 'minnows'.

Flem274*

123/5
I seriously wouldn't fret. Firstly, it was a warmup game and secondly, it was a Twenty20 game anyway. O'Brien getting smashed, for example, isn't really a concern, as he isn't in the picture and the nature of the match always meant it was going to be a complete lottery. Way too much reaction to this match, for mine.
Exactly.

Prince you're a mod right? Can you please view my post in the Perm thread in Site Discussion? I hvae some serious questions about what good will come of the thread. Cheers.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:thumbsup:. What the hell were James Marshall and O'Brien doing in that team though? Seriously, the selectors need to totally forget either was ever born
James Marshall cops a lot of stick based on his brother's failures and I find it a bit unfair. I probably wouldn't pick him either, but he really hasn't played a lot of international cricket at all and when he has, it has usually been in alien roles. He has actually performed very well in all forms of the game over the past three seasons, even if his overall domestic record is poor.

As I said, he wouldn't be my pick, but his repuation on this forum seems to have more to do with Hamish's career than him.