• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Woods is such a gun...

Coatham Sloggers: 289/10 (48.4)

Woods 9.4-1-42-8

Reckon we can chase that. Should be a great afternoon's virtual cricket.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Still, Caldwell picks up where Kepler left off - good to get ahead of the rate as he does have one non-dead bowler (maybe two). It's really bizarre that someone would be dim enough to play drained bowlers. He could buy players that'd perform better than this for 1k apiece on the TM.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, Pratley is the danger man. Not sure about Tomlinson, he's a completely unkown quantity. I don't know why he doesn't just buys some backup players though - I have the same thing with the guy I've just beaten in my FC league - he has a squad of 14 players, most of whom are far better than mine, but they're all knackered.

Plenty of batting to come, so if we stay ahead of the rate, I should be sorted. Have to go out now unfortunately.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Holy ****
Im close to beating the side 2nd in my league who i got hammered by in the 1st game.
Going to be tight though!

End of Over 43: 257-3, runrate=5.98, reqrunrate=6.57 (302-7)
Ross 7-0-41-2
Williamson* 129 (120 balls)
Castle 5 (5 balls)

Last Wicket: Crutchley c. Zithulele b. Ross 43 (FOW: 233/3)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Got a bit of a fright in my game. Playing Crunchie on a specially-prepared dusty pitch (his seam attack matches or beats mine, but his spinner comes nowhere near), I bowled them out for 146, John (not surprisingly) taking 4/23.

Sandwith was in the mood for scoring, hitting a quick 31...but then he hit out at 63/2. No matter, Reed was due in next...but he made a start before going with the score at 93/3. It was up to Fish, CricketWeb U19 star, to see out the match...which he almost did, falling with the score on 121/4.

Not much batting left, and there was a Wonderful quick steaming in from one end. The run rate, which had been up near a run a ball, slowed right down, and things started getting tense.

McGregor, who'd been anchoring the innings masterfully, fell on 143 -- only 4 runs short of victory. The paceman had four deliveries of the over left, with five rabbits due in. Fortunately, Hirst managed to block all four deliveries, then Hayward whacked a boundary to seal the win!

Only my 3rd OD league win of the season, although I was _very_ close against The Tykes and the-yak-pack. I'll stay 6th in II.1, but with a NRR pretty much at zero, I'd be effectively only 3 points behind 4th.

headhunter

The guys played well in this one none the less no disgrace.

BEST Indies 302/7 (50.0)
Fordham 130
Oakes 79

Nige's Hootnannys 303/4 (47.4)
Ross 9-0-66-3

EDIT:

Reporter's Summary BEST Indies Nige's Hootnannys
Top Order: mediocre competent
Middle Order: woeful mediocre
Lower Order: worthless worthless
Seam Bowling: mediocre woeful
Spin Bowling: mediocre mediocre
Fielding: woeful abysmal

MOTM: Williamson

Last edited:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Coatham Sloggers: 289/10 (48.4) Woods 8/42 (9.4)
The Heath CC: 291/3 (46.2) Caldwell 87 (96), Gardiner 80* (82), Bartlett 67 (65)

The Heath CC win by 7 wickets

The Heath CC Coatham Sloggers
Top Order: mediocre strong
Middle Order: feeble mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: mediocre woeful
Spin Bowling: feeble competent
Fielding: woeful woeful

MOTM: Woods

This must be up there with one of our best performances ever. Coatham Sloggers were ominously poised with 10 overs to go before Woods came back for his second spell, in which he took 8/24 in 4.4 overs.

Kepler and Bartlett thrashed anything and everything at the start of our innings, with the 50 coming up in just the 7th over, but after hitting a boundary to bring up the half century, Kepler was immediately stumped. This set warning bells ringing, but Caldwell combined for telling stands with Bartlett and then Gardiner to bring us within touching distance of victory. When he departed, The Heath still needed 67 runs to win from 53 balls, but Gardiner and Gibson saw their team home to a great victory with no further alarms, thus leapfrogging Coatham Sloggers to climb to 3rd in the OD league.

headhunter

With the TM the way it is its going to be really costly to by a decent AR trainee at the end of the season so im going to chance the YA. So a liltte question. How many ITS can you put on a 17yr old?
I think its around 34-36(with a superb academy which im building towards) but i said id ask the experts round here to be safe.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
With the TM the way it is its going to be really costly to by a decent AR trainee at the end of the season so im going to chance the YA. So a liltte question. How many ITS can you put on a 17yr old?
I think its around 34-36(with a superb academy which im building towards) but i said id ask the experts round here to be safe.
35 to be exact. I've never attempted to get an all-rounder before so I can't tell you how much ITS you should put on each skill, but I dare say 8 bowling, 6 consistency, 8 batting, 6 concentration, 7 stamina.

headhunter

35 to be exact. I've never attempted to get an all-rounder before so I can't tell you how much ITS you should put on each skill, but I dare say 8 bowling, 6 consistency, 8 batting, 6 concentration, 7 stamina.
Might go for a W/K Bat so. Thanks for the help anyway man.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Very important win to put me back in position to take the title, almost identical result to our last encounter.

Borderliners 138/10 (47.1)
Downer 3-24 (10), Ellis 2-20 (10), Watkins 2-30 (10), Whitehorne 2-33 (8.1)

Asterix XI 139/2 (30.3)
Janes 55* (69), Watkins 45* (55), Ellis 34 (55)

Pretty pleasing performance all round. Can't believe my ratings, didn't think GFI would have such a dramatic effect (Borderliners GFI'd as well):

Code:
[B]
	        Borderliners    Asterix XI[/b]
Top Order: 	exceptional 	exceptional
Middle Order: 	superb  	exquisite
Lower Order: 	competent 	mediocre
Seam Bowling: 	miraculous 	elite
Spin Bowling: 	exceptional 	sensational
Fielding: 	competent 	mediocre

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Anything you can set, I can chase better...

3wide.com Strike CC 296/4 (50)
Crowther 148; B Rock 2/67, Maidens 0/39

Dynamo Morpork 298/3 (47)
M Virk 115*, S Porter 113* (90!!!); Wharton 2/54

Full crowd as well. Seamers' PFL took a bit of a hit though.

Virk now averaging a healthy 314.

mikeW

9.9 m in the bank anyone got ideas on who i should spend it on? Noone stands out to me in my price range. Thoughts?

nibbs

International Captain
by not spending it. lol

hmm, solid bowling effort, from james vermaak especially.he picked up 5/26 from 10 overs, a new personal best. also we're on a TIE, so this all puts us in a good position for monday's cup game.

End of Over 40: 128-10, runrate=3.20
Lee 9-2-23-3
Chillingworth* 53 (86 balls)

mikeW

How many Financial advisors do i need with the following bank balance?

Current Balance: £232,347
Projected balance at next Update: £9,919,129

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Lost the game but gun ratings, the best i ever had in terms of seam bowling IIRC.

Code:
Reporter's Summary
	     [B] Six Stars 	Alternative XI[/B]
Top Order: 	quality 	superb
Middle Order: 	respectable 	proficient
Lower Order: 	worthless 	woeful
Seam Bowling: 	respectable 	remarkable
Spin Bowling: 	proficient 	respectable
Fielding: 	mediocre 	feeble

Status
Not open for further replies.