• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
yeah definately, he deserves it.
Macgill said he was bowling pies to Symonds and Hayden just to be nice lol, well that explains it.

Although there is a chance Hogg could have performed better it would have been cruel to look past Macgill.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Just watched the news about MacGill getting a place over Hogg. And despite that bad news, I am SO EXCITED about watching Australian Test Match Cricket! There is so much anticipation on a lot of different levels.

AKkAz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Perhaps contrary to pop. opinion, i'm backing Macgill's selection in the Australian test team...perhaps doesn't possess the best temperament in the world but his amazing strike rate cannot be ignored.. Indeed Macgill has performed on every opprunity presented to him on the national level..The skill definitely is there..now is the time for him to shine

On another topic,...Hilfenhaus!? His performance in the subcontinent was definitely mediocre

Dissector

International Debutant
Cricinfo about Sri Lanka's pace options:

"Sri Lanka's choices are more difficult as they have four quality options to shoehorn into a probable three-man attack."
:laugh:

Laurrz

International Debutant
I am SO EXCITED about watching Australian Test Match Cricket! There is so much anticipation on a lot of different levels.
you cannot be more right

just some bad things for me :( ... first day nov 8 is when my yr 12 exam is on... and also FREAKING school... basically miss out on two sessions...

but still very excited

pup11

International Coach
Good decision to pick MacGilla ahead of Hoggy, Hogg has done everything he could to push for a place in the test side but TBH Stu deserves a chance before him on his experience and amazing test-record, as Gilly said MacGilla has never let the Australian team down whenever he has been given a chance so it would have been unfair to drop him.
Btw i don't think anyone should think that Hilfenhaus wouldn't be effective on sub-continent tracks because he plays most of his cricket in Horbat where the nature of the pitch is more or less similar to the sub-continent and he has shown he can pick wickets on those sort of conditions.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Oh good, I quite like Macgill :), although it would be fun to see the SLns take to him and get him all hot under the collar. And it would be really fun to see SL win the first test, now that would spice up the summer.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Phew! MacGill in. Would have been madness with an unpredictable pace attack. Needed to go with the safer option. However, if McGrath were still playing Hogg could have got the nod.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Phew! MacGill in. Would have been madness with an unpredictable pace attack. Needed to go with the safer option. However, if McGrath were still playing Hogg could have got the nod.
MacGill is a safe option?
i find him a really aggressive bowler..

which is why im worried as Lee, Johnson, MacGill are all aggressive bowlers.. poor Clark :(

pup11

International Coach
I don't think one can say that Clark isn't aggressive just because he doesn't say much on the field or if he isn't bowling at 90mph or if he doesn't have flashy hair-style, he is a mature bowler who knows what he is doing out there and he keeps things simple and bowls in the right channels and he is the sort of bowler who is more likely to take more wickets than then the so-called aggressive bowlers like Lee, Johnson and MacGill.
I am also really excited about the start of the Aussie cricket summer, i have been supporting the Aussies from a very young age but i haven't felt this sort of excitement before probably i am just excited to see how things shape up for us in the new era.