• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I would prefer to watch Clarke at 4 and Hussey at 5 for a simple reason that Hussey can bat really well with the tail, i don't think Gilly is now as good as he used to be so one shouldn't expect him to play the kind of brilliant knocks he used to play with the tail in the past.
Hussey can fit into the S.Waugh role very well and he has already shown it in his short test career that he can bat pretty well with the tail.
Michael Clarke
Batting #4 - 68 runs @ 17.00
Batting #5 - 610 runs @ 46.92
Batting #6 - 698 runs @ 46.53
Batting #7 - 78 runs @ 78.00

As I said before, he had his go at 4 and was found out technically. He's better off coming in lower down. Hussey has no such technical problems though.

Michael Hussey
Opening - 287 runs @ 71.75
Batting #4 - 275 runs @ 137.50
Batting #5 - 235 runs @ 73.50
Batting #6 - 58 runs @ 58.00

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I would also prefer Hussey at 5 and Clarke at 4. I don't really buy that Clarke has some major technical deficiency that means he can't bat one spot higher, and Hussey's just sensational batting with the lower order.

Not a hugely important distinction though. They should both be in the team and in the middle order.

pup11

International Coach
Anyways as Faaip said it doesn't matter a lot where Clarke and Hussey bat as long as both of them are a part of that Australian middle order, but is Hussey fit for the 1st test.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Attapattu is back in team !!

Can anyone from Sri Lanka tell whats happening in the SRL team ?

Even after welcoming him back why did Mahela have to spoil it by adding It all depends on how keen and committed he is to the team. That is the most important thing

A sports minister intervenes to have him included as a 17th member of the squad and all that. How will this affect the dressing room - touring Australia of all places?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Attapattu is back in team !!

Can anyone from Sri Lanka tell whats happening in the SRL team ?

Even after welcoming him back why did Mahela have to spoil it by adding It all depends on how keen and committed he is to the team. That is the most important thing

A sports minister intervenes to have him included as a 17th member of the squad and all that. How will this affect the dressing room - touring Australia of all places?

The decision to bring Atapattu for this tour is absolutely the correct decision. Mahela probably is emphasising the fact that Atapttu must put his National Team's requirements above his own ego and show some commitment now that the Minister and others have gone down on their Knees to get him in. :)

I am just flabbergasted that the eternally free riding /Gravy Train passenger/sponsored holliday maker Mubarak is in the Team ahead of Dilshan !!:ph34r: :laugh:

Although Dilshan did need a kick up his backside given he has failed to really deliver when the team has needed him to.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Just really looks a lot better balanced with Watson in there, TBH. Tait to be 12th man.
nah, don't rate Watto

Ppl underestimate Symos bowling ability.. in tests he can be very canny with his medium pacers.. especially one with a bit of bounce and the ball is wobbling a bit
and in the 2nd innings witha bit of rough i guess he can bowl a few overs in tandem with Macca

Laurrz

International Debutant
Indeed (well, his medium pace, anyway... I bowl better off spin than he does..). People grossly over-estimate his batting ability though.
yea he's knocked over some ok`ish batsmen in the past.. and very miserly...

cant see him playing well against Murali unfortunately :mellow: hope he proves me wrong

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Amused to see Australian election fever has hit some of our posters logo's as well.

(see Iamdavid v mister wright).:laugh:

Will Howard or Rudd take a shot at Murali for some cheap votes ?:laugh:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Talk is Atapattu will make the side infront of Jayasuriya who will be rested/dropped with a view to play more ODIs. Its all a bit of mess really, too many guys who put their own ego infront the needs of national team. Politics in cricket at its worst here.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I see Tait is back, once he doesn't crash before the 1st test unleash the 4-prong on the Sri-Lankans i say.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lee, Johnson, Tait? Sri Lanka 500 before lunch.
I really don't see how replacing one of them with MacGill would change that much. Firstly, he's just as likely to get hit around for a few as the quicks are (in fact, even moreso, IMO..) and secondly, I doubt he'll be bowling before lunch anyway.

I'm in favour of picking MacGill - in fact he'd be the first bowler on the team sheet every match for mine - but I don't really see him as one who adds consistency, conservatism or insurance. Even if the alternative is Tait.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really don't see how replacing one of them with MacGill would change that much. Firstly, he's just as likely to get hit around for a few as the quicks are (in fact, even moreso, IMO..) and secondly, I doubt he'll be bowling before lunch anyway.

I'm in favour of picking MacGill - in fact he'd be the first bowler on the team sheet every match for mine - but I don't really see him as one who adds consistency, conservatism or insurance. Even if the alternative is Tait.
It was a joke. Boy you love jumping on my posts. There was no seriousness in it whatsover.