• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A in Pakistan

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I will never forgive these Aus A bowlers, their consistent pie throwing has allowed jokes like Faisal Iqbal, Taufiq Umer and Yasir Hameer to stake claims for National team selection.
That's our cunningly brilliant plan mate.

iamdavid

International Debutant
What does everybody have against Taufeeq Umar, he always looked the part to me, some of his innings against Australia and South Africa a few years back were very classy and resilient. Must admit I havent seen much of his more recent international career but what has gone missing with him in peoples eyes ?

pup11

International Coach
I think Australia were always gonna lose this series with that kind of a bowling attack, but i guess the way they lost the series is a bit concerning, the batting was fine but still patchy i expected a lot more from the likes of White,Voges and to a certain extent even Hussey but it was their bowling that really embarrassed them.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I've been saying it for a while and the depth around Australia State Cricket is at its lowest its been for many years. I think this series just shows us how bad it really is. In past A series the only reason they have any success was due to a couple stand out performances. As soon as the likes Jaques had a poor series or average series the Australian A side were always going to get owned, just like they did.

Xuhaib

International Coach
What does everybody have against Taufeeq Umar, he always looked the part to me, some of his innings against Australia and South Africa a few years back were very classy and resilient. Must admit I havent seen much of his more recent international career but what has gone missing with him in peoples eyes ?
The thing that pisses me off is that he looses his timber to gun barrel straight balls and then reacts as if is was a jaffar that got him.

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
The thing that pisses me off is that he looses his timber to gun barrel straight balls and then reacts as if is was a jaffar that got him.
Still he hasn't been given as many chances as Imran Farhat who has a an average of just 30 odd with 2 hundreds, compared with Taufeeq @ 40 with 4 hundreds.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still he hasn't been given as many chances as Imran Farhat who has a an average of just 30 odd with 2 hundreds, compared with Taufeeq @ 40 with 4 hundreds.
Imran Farhat has only played two more Tests than Taufeeq Umar. Taufeeq only averages 33 against Test class nations anyway while Farhat hasn't had the chance to score easy runs against the likes of Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. He has a much better First Class record than Taufeeq and has been pretty solid since his comeback into the Pakistan team, athough he had a rough time of it in South Africa, where most of Pakistan's batsmen struggled.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Imran Farhat has only played two more Tests than Taufeeq Umar. Taufeeq only averages 33 against Test class nations anyway while Farhat hasn't had the chance to score easy runs against the likes of Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. He has a much better First Class record than Taufeeq and has been pretty solid since his comeback into the Pakistan team, athough he had a rough time of it in South Africa, where most of Pakistan's batsmen struggled.
Taufeeq has infinitely more potential to succeed at test level as an opener than Imran Farhat though, IMO.

Perm

Taufeeq has infinitely more potential to succeed at test level as an opener than Imran Farhat though, IMO.
Both seem only reasonable prospects though, although given that Farhat has had a decent time as of late he should continue to open with Mohammad Hafeez. Salman Butt should definitely be the next cab of the rank though, and Taufeeq should get a fair few opportunities.

haroon510

International 12th Man
I will never forgive these Aus A bowlers, their consistent pie throwing has allowed jokes like Faisal Iqbal, Taufiq Umer and Yasir Hameer to stake claims for National team selection.
yasir hameed is much better than umer and faisal... his international record proves that... i see him playing for pakistan in one down in future years...

Perm

yasir hameed is much better than umer and faisal... his international record proves that... i see him playing for pakistan in one down in future years...
Indeed, Yasir Hameed is a much better prospect than Taufeeq Umar and Faisal Iqbal. Should get more opportunities in the Test team now that Inzamam and Yousuf are both out of the picture.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Indeed, Yasir Hameed is a much better prospect than Taufeeq Umar and Faisal Iqbal. Should get more opportunities in the Test team now that Inzamam and Yousuf are both out of the picture.
lets hope both yousuf and inzi play for at least two more years for pakistan... i can't imagin a pakistani team without inzi and yousuf...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I've been saying it for a while and the depth around Australia State Cricket is at its lowest its been for many years. I think this series just shows us how bad it really is. In past A series the only reason they have any success was due to a couple stand out performances. As soon as the likes Jaques had a poor series or average series the Australian A side were always going to get owned, just like they did.
well TBH i think Australia could have surely picked better bowlers for this tournament. Lets say Tait wasn't injured Hilfenhaus would have been their plus McDonald. Pacers like Bollinger & Noffke should be nowhere near an A-side ATM especially given players like Griffith who has been doing very well for Tasmania over the past 3 seasons, Ben Edmondosn & even Brett Dorey.