• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A in Pakistan

sideshowtim

Banned
The batting seems to be doing OK...Nothing great, but solid. Bowling is getting slaughtered though...Geez. Oh well, hopefully the guys will be better for the experience.

sideshowtim

Banned
I hate only having scorecards. There's so many things we don't know. What was the wicket like, poor umpiring decisions, dropped catches....Kind of annoying. Hard to analyse a game using the scorecard alone.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Crap! Iqbal seems to be getting scores hope the selectors dont take it too much in to consideration.

brockley

International Captain
Some of these aussie bowlers are if not most under the friar,i'd say if their bad tour continues the odds of them being stamped not too play for australia let alone australia A is strong.
Is worth discussing candidates,but these were the best available guys with injuries,so certainly a big worry for selectors 5 wkts in 2 games is disgraceful.
Cullen's plummet of the next big thing is plummetting.I question now whether we sould have taken simpson or hauritz.

pup11

International Coach
I think the batting yesterday was also disappointing apart from the efforts of Jacques and Hussey (i think he batted really well), the middle-order wasn't able to capitalise on the solid platform.
The bowling yesterday was shocking especially Gillespie and Hopes (they were destroyed), Cullen's figures look the most respectable but i agree somebody like Hauritz is a better Odi spinner than Cullen.

sideshowtim

Banned
Some of these aussie bowlers are if not most under the friar,i'd say if their bad tour continues the odds of them being stamped not too play for australia let alone australia A is strong.
Is worth discussing candidates,but these were the best available guys with injuries,so certainly a big worry for selectors 5 wkts in 2 games is disgraceful.
Cullen's plummet of the next big thing is plummetting.I question now whether we sould have taken simpson or hauritz.
No. This wasn't a tour about Cullen etc taking a huge haul of wickets. This was a tour about getting some of the younger, future players for Australia some overseas experience in tricky conditions. That's what we're getting. If people are stupid enough to believe that this tour will write off their chances of ever playing for Australia again well....please reconsider.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I think the batting yesterday was also disappointing apart from the efforts of Jacques and Hussey (i think he batted really well), the middle-order wasn't able to capitalise on the solid platform.
The bowling yesterday was shocking especially Gillespie and Hopes (they were destroyed), Cullen's figures look the most respectable but i agree somebody like Hauritz is a better Odi spinner than Cullen.

That too against the might of Taufiq Umer amd Faisal Iqbal.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aussie just not taking this series seriously.
To suggest Australia A aren't taking this series is arrogant. Surely the players realise the next 2-3 years will be the biggest transformation of the national side in something like 15 years. Never have there been so many places up for grabs. Any player not taking this series seriously doesn't deserve to play for Australia.

pup11

International Coach
To suggest Australia A aren't taking this series is arrogant. Surely the players realise the next 2-3 years will be the biggest transformation of the national side in something like 15 years. Never have there been so many places up for grabs. Any player not taking this series seriously doesn't deserve to play for Australia.
Chill i was just joking i know that Australia don't take any series lightly but this series (especially the odi series) is just a grooming ground for young players to give them the experience of playing in sub-continental conditions.

Give credit to Pakistan A they have just played some very good cricket but you got to agree the conditions are suited to their style of cricket so they didn't even break a sweat in the 2 odi's played so far.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd like some comments on the composition of the Australian and Pakistani reserve teams. The Aussies have a very new team here, but many of Pakistan's A team players have played several matches for Pakistan.