• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

open365

International Vice-Captain
It pains me even as an England fan to watch Tendulkar bat like he has been this game, he played about 4 shots which were glimpses of the old Tendulkar at his best (the Panesar backfoot drive being te best) then gets out to a straight ball in the exact way he was trying not to get out.

I hope he can prove his doubters wrong and hit back with a memorable innings before the summer is over, even at the expense of an England victory.

sideshowtim

Banned
It pains me even as an England fan to watch Tendulkar bat like he has been this game, he played about 4 shots which were glimpses of the old Tendulkar at his best (the Panesar backfoot drive being te best) then gets out to a straight ball in the exact way he was trying not to get out.

I hope he can prove his doubters wrong and hit back with a memorable innings before the summer is over, even at the expense of an England victory.
His time is running out. 1 century against the Top 8 teams in 3 years is deplorable and anyone else would be dropped for such a record.

adharcric

International Coach
Monty bowled very well today. Really disappointed about Tendulkar's wicket but really happy about Monty's development.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
As I've been saying, this is make or break for Tendulkar. Dravid is also on the downturn one feels, and his form hasn't been too good lately.

Ganguly, oddly enough, might have the most left, but even that isn't much IMO. Laxman just looks like a shadow of himself as I've mentioned earlier. I feel a major revamp coming on in the next two years.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
As I've been saying, this is make or break for Tendulkar. Dravid is also on the downturn one feels, and his form hasn't been too good lately.

Ganguly, oddly enough, might have the most left, but even that isn't much IMO. Laxman just looks like a shadow of himself as I've mentioned earlier. I feel a major revamp coming on in the next two years.
Top post. What I don't understand is why the commentators keep going on about how good this batting line up is?. Can't they see that especially Laxman and Ganguly are miles past their prime and Tendulkar and possibly Dravid aren't far behind. Add to that an insecure opening pair and an unreliable MS Dhoni and we realise that this "great" batting line up has alot of fralities, especially against the swinging and moving ball.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Agreed, sometimes it's like te commentators haven't been following world cricket for the past 2 years the way they talk.

Woodster

International Captain
From an England perspective I was quite happy with how we bowled again, despite the ball not swinging as much as in the first innings. Anderson sensibly adjusted his length to a shorter length, Tremlett bowled back of a length and extracted decent bounce and Panesar will have been encouraged by the odd one he got to turn sharply.

Please don't rain tomorrow! However, I have a feeling it will be a shortened day, again!

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
TBH I thought that Tremlett bowled pretty poorly today. He was much too short with his length and got very predictable. He might make half a decent bowler if he got the ball fuller at more regular intervals.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If 50 or less overs are bowled, I think a draw has to be the favorite. I don't see us being able to negotiate more than 60-65 overs though, especially since Monty was looking dangerous and if the weather is overcast, it might start swinging again.

I do think that a victory is out of reach.

Woodster

International Captain
TBH I thought that Tremlett bowled pretty poorly today. He was much too short with his length and got very predictable. He might make half a decent bowler if he got the ball fuller at more regular intervals.
I think that is harsh. Yes the odd time he did stray a little too short, but his plan is clear, to push the batter back and then throw the odd ball up there for him to drive while his weight is still back, or go for a bowled/lbw. Thought his consistent length was a troublesome length. Ask Ganguly about his finger, struck from a ball just short of a good length into the rib area.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
=Woodster; but his plan is clear, to push the batter back and then throw the odd ball up there for him to drive while his weight is still back, or go for a bowled/lbw.
Thing is that's ok...if you're actually bowling the occasional full ball which Tremlett didn't. As I repeat he was far too predictable and didn't use the pitch up ball nearly enough.

Woodster

International Captain
Perhaps one or two more fuller balls would not have gone a miss, but this is his first Test, I am sure he will learn. If you think that was a poor spell of bowling, not sure what you would call some of the more recent bowling performances by England.