• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
What do people believe is a safe lead for England usually you would think about 280-300 should be good enough. I suppose it depends on how the pitch plays in recent times on the 4th & 5th day the Lords pitch has become easier play because it really deadens out.
The pitch is getting a little iffy. The bounce is starting to be inconsistent....which probably means Kumble should come on soon TBH....but I don't fancy us being able to chase anything past 200 really (and England are already past that).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The pitch is getting a little iffy. The bounce is starting to be inconsistent....which probably means Kumble should come on soon TBH....but I don't fancy us being able to chase anything past 200 really (and England are already past that).
If India play properly, I can't see why they can't make more then 200. All they need is one or two decent partnerships.

Anything over 300 will be tough though.

adharcric

International Coach
Oh nah I'm on the sofa downstairs, run up to post on CW everytime a wicket falls. When a boundary is hit, I rather stay downstairs :) .

But yea a lot of times. You should've seen me on day two when wickets were tumbling, I was going absolutely crazy. My mom was like calm down, you'll get a heart attack.
Haha, love the spirit. Don't worry, I came close to breaking my hand (punching things, the sofa?) a few times during Sreesanth's spell against South Africa - you're not alone. India-Pakistan tests are worse ... I actually start swearing (in hindi, english and whatever) at the Pakistani players. Ready to sacrifice yourself for an Indian win, I hope?

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Haha, love the spirit. Don't worry, I came close to breaking my hand (punching things, the sofa?) a few times during Sreesanth's spell against South Africa - you're not alone. India-Pakistan tests are worse ... I actually start swearing (in hindi, english and whatever) at the Pakistani players. Ready to sacrifice yourself for an Indian win, I hope?
Usually, I don't care as long as we give a good fight. There have been quite a few times when that hasn't happened though when I feel angry. I don't react physicaly or verbally though. All that pent up emotion of over the years is probably not good at all.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Thankfully, Star Cricket team has Bumble but no Botham. We do have Gooch which is interesting because I never heard his views before and he seems to give an honest opinion. Nasser Hussain too. Hussain is the absolute best young commentator for me.