• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I'd imagine that Darvid wasn't playing in these tests or else he would have been batting 3.
not exactly, there was a period of time after Laxman did well at 3 (with his 281 and consecutive 50s at Chennai against the Aussies) when Dravid was batting in the middle order and VVS kept batting at 3. Gotta say it was only for a few tests though. And he also batted at 3 in those tests that Rahul opened. It was during Guru Greg's era. :)

Salamuddin

International Debutant
India 3-14 and making an absolute disgrace of themselves.....

To me, I never understood this experiment with Karthik opening....throughout the 1990's India tried makeshift openers and it backfired spectacularly nearly always....Can't they learn the lesson ?

India have problems aplenty at the top.......never thought Gambhir was test standard and I have my doubts about Jaffer now.

But where are the options ? You'd have to think Sehwag would be back in the frame for the home series against Pakistan....he still possesses a record that possibly no Indian opener other than Gavaskar has matched

Robin Uthappa isn't test standard IMO. That leaves the option of going back to Aakash Chopra or taking agamble and picking Pujara.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
any bets on India commencing their second innings today? ;)
Don't think so...because if I was Strauss and got them into the posistion of following on I wouldn't do it. Why deny myself a hit and give the oppo's players another one? And to think at 185-6 it was going so well for India. Still its not all doom and gloom. They should beat 42.....:laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Don't think so...because if I was Strauss and got them into the posistion of following on I wouldn't do it. Why deny myself a hit and give the oppo's players another one? And to think at 185-6 it was going so well for India. Still its not all doom and gloom. They should beat 42.....:laugh:
u wud think, but then again, u have to be careful with this team.... :p