• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
nice to see Saqi playing the tour game.
Indeed, from all reports he bowled really well. David Fulton said he gave Karthik big problems and Gautam Gambhir a really good working over. Which is good to hear for I really didn’t like the way he was bowling in the 20/20 game, flat 65 mph 'off breaks'. :sleep:

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
Decent performance from the Indian batsmen on the first day. Looked like Dravid and Laxman had just began to pile the runs on a little quicker. Karthik did a good job and looked like Jaffer played a scrappy innings (don't have Star Cricket). Gambhir didn't play a bad knock either, but let's see if he can repeat it on any sort of important level.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Indeed, an excellent solid start to the tour. Shame Jaffer didn't get many, but hopefully he'll have 3 more innings to do so.

Dravid and Laxman scoring faster than Karthik and Gambhir. :laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well, India did collapse a bit, but I really really hope that the pitches behave this way when the Test serie starts. Yea, Panesar might be a handful, but I'd take my chances on tracks like this any day of the week.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't judge everything by Hove. No Test has ever been played there.

Anyway, a good game so far for the tourists, bit of a shame Dhoni only scored 5 and I hope Dravid's retired-hurt wasn't a genuine injury, rather just giving someone else a chance. And some solid bowling, by the looks of things, from Sreesanth and Kumble.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, not in a tour-game, people retire "hurt" all the time when they're not really hurt in any way (possibly a bit dehydrated, as a good way out).

I mean, who'd have a "out" (this game is First-Class, after all, impressively so) when you can have a not-out? It's a no-brainer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I not so sure in recent times that Dravid has been especially slow in his scoring.
He's well capable of scoring quickly, of course he is, but if I had two innings from Dravid and Gambhir, I'd expect the Gambhir one to be the quicker one.

It may just be that they bowled better at Gambhir than they did at Dravid - they did face the latter later on, after all.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disappointed that Laxman couldn't notch up a ton and also disappointed Yuvraj and Dhoni didn't manage to get too many runs, let's hope they get some decent time in the middle during the next tour game.

Xuhaib

International Coach
It seems Saqi is on his way back, too early to say but his figures were certainly not shabby.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Great inngs from VVS Laxman...Love him to hit double ton against Eng in the 1st test...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It seems Saqi is on his way back, too early to say but his figures were certainly not shabby.
I'd love it if he was, but well... it's just 1 game. He's been out in the cold for the best part of 2 years now.