• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

PY

International Coach
Interestingly, Michael Vaughan said our bowling performance was perfect at Headingley and therefore Sir Viv has suggested that Aggers ask whether we need a new wicketkeeper if today is described as perfect because Prior's conceded 20 byes today and see what Vaughan says then.

I'm in absolute despair if Vaughan thinks that the last Test was a perfect bowling performance, we've no hope of taking the Ashes if that claptrap served up is utopia. Man up Vaughan and make your bowlers actually face the music. I'm worried that Donald has been dragged into the whole positive-only, can't criticise people nonsense after his comments about Plunkett. I'm gutted that WI are so poor at the moment because it is covering up the fact that we've been poor in the bowling department.

India is going to be a draw-fest unless Monty can spin us to victory.

sideshowtim

Banned
Disgusting display by the West Indies. Show some fight. It's not like England bowled well either. 42 extras in a total of 220 is just woeful.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Interestingly, Michael Vaughan said our bowling performance was perfect at Headingley and therefore Sir Viv has suggested that Aggers ask whether we need a new wicketkeeper if today is described as perfect because Prior's conceded 20 byes today and see what Vaughan says then.

I'm in absolute despair if Vaughan thinks that the last Test was a perfect bowling performance, we've no hope of taking the Ashes if that claptrap served up is utopia. Man up Vaughan and make your bowlers actually face the music. I'm worried that Donald has been dragged into the whole positive-only, can't criticise people nonsense after his comments about Plunkett. I'm gutted that WI are so poor at the moment because it is covering up the fact that we've been poor in the bowling department.

India is going to be a draw-fest unless Monty can spin us to victory.
Hang on, everyone knows that we've been a shade dire at times. Additionally, everyone has just been having a go at Vaughan for publicly criticizing a player. Now you're having a go at him for defending them - what do people want?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hang on, everyone knows that we've been a shade dire at times. Additionally, everyone has just been having a go at Vaughan for publicly criticizing a player. Now you're having a go at him for defending them - what do people want?
He could have said it was pretty good or something - "perfect" is clearly hyperbole.

PY

International Coach
Nads.

"A shade dire"? Have you been able to watch any of today or the Test at Headingley? What's the point in making a comment like "the performance was perfect" when it blatantly wasn't? I don't believe he should single people out like he did to Freddie but they don't need wrapping in cotton wool if they're playing crap. It would certainly put my mind to rest if he said that they knew there were things that needed improving and they are working on them.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, it was a good ball TBF, but as an opener you expect them occasionally, his direness before should get him dropped. Yet it's back to back tests, so I don't see anyone getting dropped if we win. Not even Plunkers8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If Monty spins you to victory against India, surely Kumble will achieve the same against England far earlier?
Well, more accurately if there are some pitches that spin, Kumble will probably lead India to victory rather than MSP leading England to.

Preparing turning pitches against India with Kumble in the side is nothing short of crazy.

sideshowtim

Banned
Nads.

"A shade dire"? Have you been able to watch any of today or the Test at Headingley? What's the point in making a comment like "the performance was perfect" when it blatantly wasn't? I don't believe he should single people out like he did to Freddie but they don't need wrapping in cotton wool if they're playing crap. It would certainly put my mind to rest if he said that they knew there were things that needed improving and they are working on them.
I agree. You always see Ponting say Australia have alot of things to improve on regardless of whether we smash the opposition or not. Maybe Vaughan could learn a thing or too. Thumping the dire West Indies at home isn't something that should be put on a pedestal as a perfect performance.