• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India in Bangladesh

adharcric

International Coach
Haven't had a chance to watch much and it'll stay that way for quite some time. :(

Guys, how did VRV and RP bowl? Also, does Sachin look good out there?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Be interesting to see if India have the confidence to pull a risky and daring declaration.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Haven't had a chance to watch much and it'll stay that way for quite some time. :(

Sachin has been nothing less than brilliant for the Indians. As you already know, he batted well, fielded beautifully and when handed the ball did his job of getting the break throughs that India needed.

RP Singh was not as accurate, but VRV actually bowled a good line :).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Be interesting to see if India have the confidence to pull a risky and daring declaration.
No win situation. If India beat Bangladesh, good on them, they should have anyway. If they lose, all hell breaks loose.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

He looks to me to be playing better than he was playing in the first innings. :)

And Karthik is becoming a real utility player. Can bat anywhere in the order, can field anywhere and do really well, can keep and keep better than the first choice keeper. If he could only bowl half decently, he will be the ultimate bits and pieces player. :)

But if he can keep up his form, given his more than decent technique, I think he can become a good player in his own right. The only worry is that India seem to be losing out on a really really world class keeper by converting him into a batsman. :(

Perm

No win situation. If India beat Bangladesh, good on them, they should have anyway. If they lose, all hell breaks loose.
If they draw then I doubt the public would be too happy either, meaning they almost have to push for the win or face some public backlash. I'd prefer to see a bit of daring myself, but I know it's unlikely to happen.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Play will hopefully resume in a hours time, 2.00pm local time. 55 overs are projected, 40 minimum. India to bat five overs (slog) then declare and go for the jugular?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Play will hopefully resume in a hours time, 2.00pm local time. 55 overs are projected, 40 minimum. India to bat five overs (slog) then declare and go for the jugular?
u r asking for too much.

Get ready to watch the most boring 55 overs of cricket u will ever see. Tendulkar and Kaarthick will just look to try and get to 100s, if possible and then walk off for the light.

Perm

They don't have the balls. I know I'd certainly be pressing for the win, but I doubt they will.

Nishant

International 12th Man
They don't have the balls. I know I'd certainly be pressing for the win, but I doubt they will.
yh... i would go for the win. Bat for 10overs maybe...score 80 runs or so and put Bangladesh in for 45 overs. Try to win it from them. But india are likely to give more batting practice to their batsmen.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

yh... i would go for the win. Bat for 10overs maybe...score 80 runs or so and put Bangladesh in for 45 overs. Try to win it from them. But india are likely to give more batting practice to their batsmen.
That may very well be the reality but it is dire indeed!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If they draw then I doubt the public would be too happy either, meaning they almost have to push for the win or face some public backlash. I'd prefer to see a bit of daring myself, but I know it's unlikely to happen.
Considering how much time has been lost, any of the public who are pissed off with the result are idiots, and their opinion shouldn't be of concern to the team anyway. Even taking into account India had Bangladesh 8-down with the follow-on target not reached.

Its just too much of a risk, particularly without Kumble, to go for the win.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
No realistic chance of a win here either imo. It'd be a pretty hard ask, even if Kumble could bowl, to bowl Bangladesh out in ~50 overs with the pitch still good for batting and knowing they can easily shut up shop if in a risky position.

Perm

Karthik and Tendulkar both dismissed when trying to force the pace, I think the Indians will probably shut up shop here and play for the draw.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Although, Dhoni's just attempted to hit Rafique into the Bay of Bengal and Ganguly’s prepared to pull and hook it seems.