• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India in Bangladesh

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh have nothing to be ashamed about, they played very well and it took a courageous knock from Dhoni to beat them.

It would have been easy for Dhoni to leave the field (like G.Smith) but he didn't do that and played through the pain.
8-)

In regard to Bangladesh, they should be disappointed in losing this game for they had the opportunities to win. If Bangladesh are going to improve as a side they need to develop a winning mentality and if you listen to the likes of Habibul Bashar that is what they are intent on achieving. They let India off the hook.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Habibul Bashar the worst captain ever?. It really did seem as though he didn't care whether Bangladesh lost. The guy had long on and long off back and only 1 fielder on the leg side inside the circle.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Is Habibul Bashar the worst captain ever?. It really did seem as though he didn't care whether Bangladesh lost. The guy had long on and long off back and only 1 fielder on the leg side inside the circle.
On top of that he can't bat.

Salamuddin

International Debutant

Quite possibly the best knock Dhoni has played imo......yes even though people might say it was just Bangladesh, he really produced the goods under pressure and took his team home along with some very handy support from DK.

pup11

International Coach
Karthik's missed run-out chance in the end cost Bangladesh the game.

Of course Dhoni was plumb lbw but obviously De Silva had to make some dire decision to live up to his dire standards.

pup11

International Coach
Its funny Karthik's name on the scoreboard was written as D.Karthik but he spells it as D.Kaarthick which is so ****ing superstitous!

Grow up DK a change in the way you spell your name won't change your fortunes.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Its funny Karthik's name on the scoreboard was written as D.Karthik but he spells it as D.Kaarthick which is so ****ing superstitous!

Grow up DK a change in the way you spell your name won't change your fortunes.
personally , i feel the name change brought a sea change to his fortunes....

He scored very fine hundreds in the Ranji trophy semi-final and final and still could not break into the team with his old name..... :unsure:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Kaarthick is a super star
I am not so sure. He is a gritty player like Kaif but his game and skills are limited. Unless there is a huge transformation, I dont see him becoming a superstar in the future too.

Even in this game what stood out was his grit and spirit which is very admirable too but not much beyond some ineffective and inept captaincy by Basher.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Great knock from Dhoni. (wish this was on TV ffs)
I did and believe me you didnt miss much. It was poor cricket all round. Bowling from both sides, fielding from both sides and most of Indian batting. A couple of good knocks by Bangla batsmen were all that was really good in this game. Believe me.

Dhoni was completely restricted in his feet movement by the hamstring and this prevented him from going after the bowling which might have been the real boon for the Indian team.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
I am not so sure. He is a gritty player like Kaif but his game and skills are limited. Unless there is a huge transformation, I dont see him becoming a superstar in the future too.

Even in this game what stood out was his grit and spirit which is very admirable too but not much beyond some ineffective and inept captaincy by Basher.
dont agree with it a wee bit. He has umpteen strokes , almost all the strokes, that is the reason for him being criticised often, where Kaif is a strokeless player.

He is going to be a superstar for sure... He has got grit,spirit and all the other good things to become one..

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year

Harsh on Karthik there SJS. The guy imo looks perfectly suited to opening the innings in test match as he has a very good temperament. The non "superstar" image he might obtain may be a blessing in disguise as it may release the pressure off of him.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
dont agree with it a wee bit. He has umpteen strokes , almost all the strokes, that is the reason for him being criticised often, where Kaif is a strokeless player.

He is going to be a superstar for sure... He has got grit,spirit and all the other good things to become one..
When I said he is gritty like Kaif, I did not say he has more or less strokes than Kaif. You are putting words in my mouth.

He may have umpteen strokes, whatever that means, but from what I have seen so far he is no super star.

He has obviously a great attitude which is what endears him to someone like Chappell and which stands out in a team where it is a rare commodity.

He could become a better player than he still is afterall he is young.

Today he is a bit of a 'jack-in-the-box' like Kaif was which is characterised by his being hyper-active and running first and thinking afterwards. His running between the wickets is hare-like but not a very smart hare I am afraid. He is like those street dogs who will run in the dirction they are facing when a vehicle comes and sometimes it is disaster and at others they win in a tight finish but its always spectacular. :)

He should have been run out (or his partner) more than once today. I have noticed the same before.

This is not criticism for the sake of criticism for I am one of the few who feels he should ALWAYS be in the Indian side as he is by far the best keeper we have. But trying to make a super star batsman out of him willmake us lose an extremely gifted keeper, thats all.