• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
AHHH FFS!

I was watching on TV till 3 qtr time, had a feeling that the Kangas weren't home yet. My bloody mates come over making me get distracted, change the channel so I go back doing my law assignment to snub them.

Turn the TV on and see Collingwood won by 3 pts, and Grant missed an absolute sitter. Bloody hell. Knew it'd be a good finish, just knew it.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Further rant - jeez I hate these new jumpers all the teams are pulling out. It didn't even look like St. Kilda playing last night. The only time I was automatically associating it with StKFC was when recognisable faces like Gehrig and Harvey had the ball and the Kangas one today was ****ing dire! Wish they'd just give up on the whole clash/away jersey thing and just wear the traditional jumpers that worked just fine for the first 100 years of the league!! :(

PS - I am glad footy's back btw! ;)
Haha its your Collingwood that made the Kangaroos change their top.

cameeel

International Captain
My Tips for the rest of the round:

Sydney v West Coast
Adelaide v Essendon
Bulldogs v Geelong
Carlton v Richmond

Only change is WCE/SYD game.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hoping that West Coast can get up and beat Sydney, love to watch that game but I'm not sure whether it will be on Sky.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Freo do not exist. They are a figment of our imagination.

That club honestly, all captains tout them as premiership favourites, and what do they do, they lose at home in round 1.

Last edited:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
What a win from Port, certainly have some nice young player. Wouldn't suprise me one biit if they finished top 6.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Haha its your Collingwood that made the Kangaroos change their top.
Although what do you mean by its Collingwood that made them change? We made them by refusing to adopt a clash jersey of our own? That's not "doing" anything to them - its just us sticking up for our clubs traditions and its fans. Its the AFL that insists clash jerseys must be worn, and just because we're the only ones who tell them were to get off, it doesn't make it our fault. That's like blaming Robin Hood for the Sheriff of Nottingham...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There's actually a deal made b/w the clubs, so me saying they "made" the Roos wear the strip was incorrectly phrased.

Basically, from what I gathered from Brayshaw, Collingwood give Roos some financial help, not sure of the details, and the Roos will wear an alternate strip whenever they play the Pies, be it home or away games.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol, I just viewed the live betting for AFL. Its just like American sports, yet far more limited. It just has the spread/handicap available and that keeps changing based on what happens in the game. No money line/winner available. That's fairly disappointing.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
There's actually a deal made b/w the clubs, so me saying they "made" the Roos wear the strip was incorrectly phrased.

Basically, from what I gathered from Brayshaw, Collingwood give Roos some financial help, not sure of the details, and the Roos will wear an alternate strip whenever they play the Pies, be it home or away games.
Well, I'd rather they wear a crappy jumper than us, so I don't mind the deal as far as that goes, but I'd still rather everyone just wore the one "proper" jumper for all their matches...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
had Cox, Embley, N Brown & C Grant all selected and they all aren't playing :(

Thankfully it's only round 1 and none of the real stuff starts until round 4

pasag

RTDAS
Thought I showed you the door already.

Anyways, glad I didn't listen to Buddhy. Told me to change my tip to Melbourne. Forgot to edit my dreamteam as well, dire situation tbh. Carn WC for tonight btw, dying to see how they will deal with the off field dramas.

And as I was telling Jono, Carlton to thrash Richmond tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.