• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2017/18

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Terrible batting. But having said that, if this pitch really is Yarrow-esque, I wouldn't be confident chasing anything over 140.

thierry henry

International Coach
Rance may or may not be any good, but there definitely seems to have been a perception that he's just a domestic bully medium-pacer. Turns out he's borderline kinda rapid.

_Ed_

It's a shame this game is at the stadium. The crowd looks small enough to easily fit into the Basin, which also would have had a proper pitch.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Rance 141kph and swings it around corners....but unfashionable cos he's balding?
less than 18 months older than Tim Southee, which may surprise a few

He'll have a hard time finding a way into the best XI but I'd love to see him just once at international level in perfect swinging conditions (even better, with a pink ball, though I don't know how he gets a test match).

Flem274*

123/5
wtf is this? vacuum the car out when i got home (first ball bowled as i arrive) and sit down to see they're 4 down, then they're collapsing to 6 down before i can even ask you ****s what happened

what happened?

thierry henry

International Coach
Am I crazy for thinking that Santner theoretically has the attributes to be a pretty good spin bowler in all formats? Like he actually gets wickets in LO cricket via conventional drift and spin as well as the more LO-specific attributes of changes of pace, subtle variations etc

Zinzan

Sarfraz's splits were the most impressive thing from Pakistan all series.

Agree with Richardson, he did well to walk after that.

Flem274*

123/5
Am I crazy for thinking that Santner theoretically has the attributes to be a pretty good spin bowler in all formats? Like he actually gets wickets in LO cricket via conventional drift and spin as well as the more LO-specific attributes of changes of pace, subtle variations etc
yeah there's a bit there to work with, always has been. tricky to develop real spinners in nz though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Was talking to Cribb about this. I genuinely think he will be gun. Bloke has improved markedly in the last few years.