• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Cricket Tour? Meet-up and Games

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Wow. This sounds pretty good, I must say. At the moment I'm not remotely sure even which country I'll be in next summer, let alone what job I'll be doing or when I'll be free, so I can't really commit to anything, but I'm definitely interested.

I won't have picked up a bat or ball much, if at all, in the preceding year though, so I'm likely to be even worse than usual. Those who saw me at the one meetup I did go to can attest to how bad I am on a bad day (yes, that was a bad day, I'm usually a bit better), and we're looking at worse than that the next time I play. :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Way Kev puts it the Bulgarians might be little better. The standard isn't the greatest issue, it's more the chance for a multinational meet-up and the chance to make history than the doing yourself credit on an individual level.

If you're around and you don't have bailiffs banging on your door, you have no excuse. :p

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Way Kev puts it the Bulgarians might be little better. The standard isn't the greatest issue, it's more the chance for a multinational meet-up and the chance to make history than the doing yourself credit on an individual level.

If you're around and you don't have bailiffs banging on your door, you have no excuse. :p
Haha. We'll see. All depends on what job I get next summer.

Craig

World Traveller
July would be fine for me, would have Uni/Exam Invigilation stuff out the way.

The free accomodation thing confirmed means i can basically commit with no foreseeable problems.
Just a cheap flight away. What are the going rates for a flight from the UK BTW?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Had a look at the company Neil mentioned, threw in some dates from around the time. Came up with about £70. Could get it cheaper than that though with some flexibility in dates.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
July does appear to be the number one option and I think it's probably time to say "let's go for it" and start kicking things into motion. I think next course of action is Goughy to hit some exact dates at his end, then we can begin to swing the planning machine into action in the UK.

Effectively:
(a) Kit donations for Bulgarian Cricket
(b) Publicity, advertising, write-ups
(c) Sponsorship
(d) Travel arrangements
(e) Playing kit for the CW XI

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
July does appear to be the number one option and I think it's probably time to say "let's go for it" and start kicking things into motion. I think next course of action is Goughy to hit some exact dates at his end, then we can begin to swing the planning machine into action in the UK.

Effectively:
(a) Kit donations for Bulgarian Cricket
(b) Publicity, advertising, write-ups
(c) Sponsorship
(d) Travel arrangements
(e) Playing kit for the CW XI
Agreed. Ill contact people and get a couple of provisional dates and we can pick one.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
http://www.ecb.co.uk/news/europe/english-club-heading-for-bulgaria,11677,EN.html
http://www.lancashirecricket.co.uk/news/news_item.asp?NewsID=515

It appears to have been done before... but I can't find too much documentary evidence - there's a lot of "will be" and "planned" but no photos and no reports of the match - and the website no longer exists. I think it might be worth getting in touch with New Victoria and seeing what actually happened...

EDIT - No, it definitely happened, you just have to scour through Google's cache of old pages to find it...try here. That makes it a whole lot more difficult to find kit and sponsorship etc as it is no longer a "first".

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
I think it'll still be a draw, multinational touring side takes on the best of Bulgaria.....the tabloids would love it!

Though they do talk of returning next yr which could be an irritance. I see some kind of Goggle scam where we as a group spend an hour each day clicking on the Google ads to get CW loads of money then we could be self sponsored. :p

Still worth chatting to New Victoria about it, hints & tips if nothing else.

HeathDavisSpeed

Doesn't look like I'll be going.

Spending too much going to the UK at Xmas and then the cricket tour I'm going to in Brisbane is a definite. The accommodation is booked (Kangaroo Point?) and its being played at Brisbane Grammar School. I have no idea if this is a good thing or not.

HeathDavisSpeed

When are you in the UK from until?

If you're likely to have any free time, check-out this thread.
Arrive on 23rd December, leave on the 9th January. Flying visit... literally and figuratively. I'll be spending most of my time with friends in Essex, Oxford, Southampton and Bournemouth... Not sure of the schedule yet - that's up to the Other Half. 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well check-out said thread and take a look at the possibilities, then weigh it up from there.

If you're free on Jan 3rd or 4th, take a check.

Craig

World Traveller
Doesn't look like I'll be going.

Spending too much going to the UK at Xmas and then the cricket tour I'm going to in Brisbane is a definite. The accommodation is booked (Kangaroo Point?) and its being played at Brisbane Grammar School. I have no idea if this is a good thing or not.
The place name is correct.